• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Star

Star

Founding Member
Hi, I am new here but not new to depression and anxiety. Have had it for amny years now and its getting worse. Was on klonopin for 13 years and decided to give it up. Now 3 years after being off I am so much worse. I heared that I cannot go back on it cause it will not work anymore. I am in a very dark place anymore and feel like i am dying. I cry all day long and have very bad balance problems . Have been house bound for 2 years now. Dr. have checked me out and find nothing wrong. They all think I am a joke and will not listen to me anymore. I feel so lost and thought I may find comfort or understanding of what I am goin thru here. I hope so.

Sleepflower

Sleepflower

Founding Member
Hi Star, and welcome. I'm new here myself tonight.

I'm sorry to hear that things are so tough. I don't really have any advice, but is there any way that you can see a different doctor? Perhaps write thing down before you go? (I know that I get so crippled by anxiety and my tendency to turn everything into a joke through nerves that I struggle to let medical people know how I feel and expect them to read my mind).

If I can help at all, please let me know, but in the meantime I'm here thinking of you and I understand.
xx

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi there Star and welcome.:welcome: Sorry your feeling low at the moment. You will find all sorts of people on here and you dont have to feel bad to chat. Sometimes the conversations can be quite funny and daft. But if you have a specific problem there will usually be someone to chat with,

Has the GP said why he wont treat you, because you can go for a second opinion and ask for someone with more experience in mental health. Do you have family around you that can help and maybe go to the docs with you.

My GP doesnt treat my MH problems at all. They are all dealt with via social workers and psychs, but fortunatly they did recognise them and got me the help i needed.

Take care:grouphug:

xxx

D

Dollit

Hi Star and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you've found us. As Daffy said we can be a bit on the silly side here but I can testify from personal experience that when one of us has a problem the rest gather round and really help. You can talk on here and know at least one person will know what you mean. Keep hanging in there and we'll do our best to see your through your pain. Go to your doctor and ask for a different medication, just because one fails doesn't mean they all will and remember that we're here to support you. :welcome:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hi there star...hope you find some suport here and you can find a way forward in your real life. Welcome :welcome:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Also Star you can PM any of the members on here if you want to have a more personal conversation x

Star

Star

Founding Member
Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

The Dr. I go to just are saying that I have no physical problems, mental issues is what they are calling it. They say that I am causing all of my own problems. I, at times, cant believe that this is true. I feel like iZ am sick and no one is finding it. LIke for the past month, balance is horrible, I can hardly get to the bathroom anymore. Have had alll kinds of test and all are normal.
I feel like I am going to have a nervous break down at times. Sorry to be such a downer, I used to be fun , but now I cant seem to get out of this dark hole that I am in.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Are you taking any meds at the moment that may be causing your dizziness

D

Dollit

As Daffy just said you can send a private message to someone on here to talk to. There are a few of the girls that I pm because it's good to talk to them in private so to speak. It's support on another dimension. xx

Star

Star

Founding Member
I take no meds at all anymore. Have had my head mri, ear and hearing tested sinus checked neck checked, all normal. Thats why they say its all in my head.

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
hi star :welcome:

I know from personal experience that anxiety can cause all sorts of awful physical symptoms.. I often get convinced i am going to die in my sleep cos my heart is beating too fast and i get pains in my chest ..

i get "wobbly" too , dizzy .. pins and needles in my hands ,

the list is endless .

concentrate on your breathing is a good place to start .

i am very bad at relaxing myself tho .. i know what i should do, but my mind races away with itself.

glad you're here..

hope we can help :hug:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Star .

As already stated we are a friendly bunch and will help and support as much as we can .

Do you have some one living with you for support ?
Have you spoke to your gp recently ........... and told him how low you are and that you need help ?

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Welcome Star, :welcome:

You have found a place where there is a plethora of wonderful people just waiting to be your friend and you will find comfort and understanding here.

Remember that the sun will shine again, the law of nature demands that darkness cannot last forever. Hold onto hope.

Love & Light :flowers::hug:

PS My doctor is not involved in my recovery, long since gone. The internet may be a good place to research your condition and discover some clues as to what may be going on physically. If you have a feeling it is something physical then it most likely is. Are you getting any psychological treatment for depression at the moment?

Star

Star

Founding Member
Having a very rough time. husband is having a fit again cause I am sick. he said today he hates me and wishes i were dead. i have had so much grief in the last 6 months, aunt passed away, mother passed away, daughter went off to college and my husband hates me. I am too sick to leave, so this is not an option. i am getting sicker by the minute. God i wish things were better for me. my balance is so way off now, sick to stomach and so much more. my poor mind cannot take anymore, it really cant. I am not looking for sympathy here, just need to vent I guess, just need to vent

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Oh Star my thoughts are with you, so much loss in such a short space of time and less support from your husband than you would get from a squat frog. How awful!

Why don't you ask him to leave, if he hates you then surely he has the motivation to do so? Why would he want to stay?

With support like that you would be better off without him. There are always people hear to listen and offer encouragement. You need peace & rest, negative comments like this will not help at all.

Surely your husband cannot believe that saying these things is going to help anyone here?

Breathe, Star. Focus on relaxation and deep breathing, anything to get u thru each minute, each hour....

And remember there is no dark tunnel that last's forever. The light is there, it's just that it's very difficult for you to see it at the moment.

:grouphug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EverybodyHurts Introduce Yourself 16
P Introduce Yourself 3
C Introduce Yourself 6
S Introduce Yourself 3
G Introduce Yourself 1