• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Madmedic42

Madmedic42

Hi I'm new to the forum so bit nervous and not sure what to say other than im 42 a paramedic and have a diagnosis of bipolar disorder type 1 and personality disorder. As per my job I'm 90% high functioning and have long periods of remission, however had a big one in July last year and still recovering... I would really love to meet others who understand...
Dan

bulbie

bulbie

More than welcome here.

I don't have either of your conditions, but I do have autism, OCD, depression and anxiety.

Jimny

Jimny

Hello Medic and welcome to the forum, Im sure if you look through the different sections you will relate to some experiences, I know I did. All the best.

J

JUDGE JULIE

Hello medic
I'm Julie. Had depression since 1991 and managed it fine and stayed on an even keel. Even bringing up 4kids with all the troubles they bring. Now been diagnosed with Bipolar all of a sudden. Cant even begin to understand all the different types. All l know is l was happy!!! If a little extreme!!! Took bloody Depakote and feel like shit!!! So down. Have binned em!! Would rather be a bit nutty than saaaaaaaddddddd!!!!!!!

M

mooncat

Hello madmedic.
Im bdp depression and gad but i just wanted to welcome you too.
And thanks to you guys im still alive on many occasions.You do an amazing job.

Madmedic42

Madmedic42

Hi moon cat and Julie, thank you for the kind replies, it certainly is a struggle but hopefully one we will all continue to get through. One day at a time and all that!.. I've found a couple of new friends on here, people that really understand and it's really helpful.. Would like to chat some more if you want to.
Take care both and hopefully speak soon
Kind regards
Dan