• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

N

Nj235

Hi
This is my first on here so just wanted to say hi. I've suffered with depression from the age of 13 and I'm now 32. 2 days ago I took an overdose for the first time. I'm just looking for some friends and some company

R

Rose19602

Hi Nj,

:welcome: to the forum.

You come to us at a desperate time then? An OD 2 days ago for the first time after 19 years of depression...that sounds like a very big cry for help.

What's happening with your care atm and did you report the overdose to anyone?
Let us know. We have a forum safety team here who support people when they are in crisis. I will flag up your post to them.

In the meantime I would urge you to contact your GP or the people in charge of your care at the CMHT. You need some support with this don't you think?

Keep posting to us, you will find people who are also struggling on here and I hope we can offer you friendship and support.
x

N

Nj235

Thanks for the quick reply!

I went to A&E after it happened. I'm on meds and have been about 3-4 years but apart from that I guess I've been off the radar with regards to mental health help. I went to my GP who has increased my meds but she can't do anything until she gets the notes through from the hospital

R

Rose19602

Well done for going to A&E....that was a good decision.

I'm also pleased that you've seen the GP. How do you feel with the increase in meds?
Hopefully this will tide you over until the notes arrive. In my experience they arrive pretty fast....although my hospital notes were cardiac in nature, so I may be wrong!

You will probably get referred to the CMHT whilst on the higher dose of meds. I hope this won't take too long.

How are you feeling currently? Any further suicidal feelings?
We can support you on here whilst you wait for your GP to refer.

I see Helena, from our Forum Safety Team has already placed her contact on this thread.
Thanks Helena....I'm sure she will keep an eye out for you and so will I.

Keep talking to us.
x

F

fair&square75

Welcome to the forum �� x

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Good afternoon! :)

N

Nj235

Thanks everyone for the welcome

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Nj235 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear that things got so bad for you recently. There are plenty of friendly and supportive people here so I hope you're finding your way round okay and that you're settling in well.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
How are you today Nj?

N

Nj235

Thanks for asking. In some ways I feel worse than yesterday, think it's cos seeing my bf for 1st time since and back to work tomorrow

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I get the same going back to work even when its just after two days off and then once I'm there its fine. Are you going back to lighter duties or do you feel well enough to get stuck back in?
I can understand it is hard for you with r3gards to your bf but I imagine he feels pretty sad too! I think if you can talk to him and be as open as you can so he can understand how you're feeling it will make things easier. Maybe write it down if you can't tell him?
I tell my bf over facebook messenger as I struggle to talk verbally or send him links to read that explain to him why I am like this and its not because I'm some crazy irrational bitch, sadly he still struggles to see things from my POV. I send my bestest of good luck wishes :)

N

Nj235

Thanks it means a lot.
With work I'll be going straight back to normal, it's not really the kind of job where you can do light duties.
My bf should understand, he suffers from depression since his marriage breakdown just over 5 years ago and has OD'd 3 times himself!!