• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

S

shell

Hi All , just recently diagnosed with BP2 just have been depressed for a few weeks now it has been really tough not wanting to get out of bed etc. Just trying to get through everyday as best as I can. Just looking for friends that can understand what I'm going through.

I have been on the med seroquel for a few weeks now I'm on 300mg I take 100 in the morning it makes me really sedated. Has anyone had any positive experiences on this drug?? I have been off work sick for 6 wks now :(. Found out that some people are saying I'm not ill because they see me taking the kids to school it really angers me :mad:.

Just wanted to introduce myself :) Shell

lulubelle

lulubelle

Hi shell:welcome:,

I'm new to, so don't know much to share, but wanted to say hi anyway!

xx

S

shell

Thanks what meds are you on ?? Have they helped you ?

J

jema88

im bp1 and im on 600mg carbamazapine a day 7.5 olanzapine && 40mg fluxotine!.. im sorry to hear your depressed awful isnt it not wanting to get out of bed.. but it will pass .. xxx

S

shell

Thanks Jem you give me hope. I like being high because I feel well but then I come crashing down which is horrible. x

T

TOONAFISH

Hi Shell

:welcome:

im on lithium, duloxatine, lamotragine and risperidone.

im feeling not to bad at the moment.(touch wood)

its nice on here, nice to know your not alone xx

:)

emski

emski

Hi Shell!

I'm on 1200mg lithium, along with 200mg quetiapine/Seroquel at night. I used to take Seroquel XL during the day but now prefer the regular kind at night to help me maintain a regular sleep pattern. It's been a fairly good drug for me, mostly for the sedative effects at night and the thought calming effects.

Welcome to the forum, hope you find lots of info and support here :hug:

S

shell

Thanks for your replies

Thanks for all your replies I don't feel so alone now :) xxx

S

shell

Hi Shell!

I'm on 1200mg lithium, along with 200mg quetiapine/Seroquel at night. I used to take Seroquel XL during the day but now prefer the regular kind at night to help me maintain a regular sleep pattern. It's been a fairly good drug for me, mostly for the sedative effects at night and the thought calming effects.

Welcome to the forum, hope you find lots of info and support here :hug:
Do you think its used mainly for mainia cos I'm really depressed and not sure knocking me out is going to make me feel better. I want an antidepressant but they seem really reluctant to give it incase I become high, anything is better than feeling depressed :(

emski

emski

Exactly, that is the problem with ADs. Quetiapine is reported to have an antidepressant effect, along with anti-anxiety and tranquilising/sedating. See how it goes, if you think you don't feel better for it after a few weeks then you need to let your doc know :flowers:

S

shell

I have been on it 7 weeks now. Told the doc I still felt depressed and he just upped the dose to 300mg. Great 200mg knocks me out at night I can't get out of bed in the morning but I think that partly might be due to the depression 11.00am I got up the other morning:eek: and felt really bad because the kids had been left to entertain themselves I felt like the worst parent in the world. Then he tells me take 100mg in the moring so I'm like a zombie and want to go back to bed I could scream :mad: I hate this illness I just want to wake up and feel normal and do normal things.
I'm off work as well and people have been bitching behind my back which has wound me up, I'm so scared im going to end up having a go at someone for saying something about my time off thats if I ever go bk :(. Sorry for my rant.

A

AmandaMar

I'm new too, as of today.

I knew there was something wrong for a while but didn't get real help until recently, I was so ashamed. I couldn't control myself anymore, I was failing school, was given warnings at work, my friends weren't calling, but the alternative was to tell them whats really going on, I didn't want to be looked at like I should be strapped to a bed and electricuted. I don't have any friends or relatives dealing with this so I can't help but feel crazy.

I take lithium every night, 1200 mg, along with Risperidone and xanax (only when needed at 2mg) I still see things that aren't there, hear things, the paranoia is too much, but I've been able to control the rage, and some of the anxiousness. I'm trying not to lose hope, just takes time.

T

TOONAFISH

Shell you are not a bad parent!! You are ill. dont beat yourself up. the kids will let you know if their not happy wont they!! (well mine do lol)

take it easy xx

S

shell

hello

I'm new too, as of today.

I knew there was something wrong for a while but didn't get real help until recently, I was so ashamed. I couldn't control myself anymore, I was failing school, was given warnings at work, my friends weren't calling, but the alternative was to tell them whats really going on, I didn't want to be looked at like I should be strapped to a bed and electricuted. I don't have any friends or relatives dealing with this so I can't help but feel crazy.

I take lithium every night, 1200 mg, along with Risperidone and xanax (only when needed at 2mg) I still see things that aren't there, hear things, the paranoia is too much, but I've been able to control the rage, and some of the anxiousness. I'm trying not to lose hope, just takes time.
hiya wanted to say :welcome: