• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Newbie with Severe Anxiety - pls help!

U

Ukmamaof4

Hi there. I am new here, just found this forum after googling. I am a 45 year old female and have always suffered from general anxiety and also health anxiety. I've always been able to keep it under control but recently I've had a few health issues (now resolved) and it's spiralled out of control. For the past 4 days I've been in a constant state of anxiety. I can't concentrate on anything, my heart is beating faster than usual and keeps flipping. My head feels like it's in a vice and I also keep getting head zaps. I feel shaky and I feel like my breathing isn't coming naturally. What can I do to get myself out of this? I've been exercising as usual and that does help. briefly. I've tried meditation. I literally feel like I'm going mad or that I might drop down from a heart attack any minute. These symptoms seem to get worse over the course of the day and are bad at night. Please can anyone help? What can I do to calm down and start to feel normal again?? Any advice welcome! Thank you so much!

N

natalie

Hi Ukmamsof4,

First of welcome to the forum.

I am glad that your other health issues have now been resolved.

In terms of concentration, could you perhaps try to listen to music with headphones? Depending off course wha tis you are doing, if it would be possible for you to listen to music.

Excersiing, is a big help indeed.

I buy travel motion sickness bands, because I once discovered that the pulsating nerve buttons help to keep my moderate to severe anxieties right down, and at bay.

Would you be on medicat ion for your general anxiety? Might I advise you to book up after the weekend to your GP services, book a telephone call, or fill out a E Consult, a form filled out on line, your own GP services website, should have one, and explain that you just can't concentrate, t he y might be able to help, now for me, I take Pregabalin, is a long term medication, and a while back, I had increase to 75ml, from 50ml.

Best Wishes.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you are struggling with anxiety. Natalie has great advice.

Carol1952

Carol1952

Hi there. I am new here, just found this forum after googling. I am a 45 year old female and have always suffered from general anxiety and also health anxiety. I've always been able to keep it under control but recently I've had a few health issues (now resolved) and it's spiralled out of control. For the past 4 days I've been in a constant state of anxiety. I can't concentrate on anything, my heart is beating faster than usual and keeps flipping. My head feels like it's in a vice and I also keep getting head zaps. I feel shaky and I feel like my breathing isn't coming naturally. What can I do to get myself out of this? I've been exercising as usual and that does help. briefly. I've tried meditation. I literally feel like I'm going mad or that I might drop down from a heart attack any minute. These symptoms seem to get worse over the course of the day and are bad at night. Please can anyone help? What can I do to calm down and start to feel normal again?? Any advice welcome! Thank you so much!
Welcome to the family.I shake all the time but I have tremors however I do take inderol and I was told it was good for shaking and anxieties.I am so sorry that you are suffering so much.Is there something that seems to bother u more at night?I ask because that could be the reason why they are worse at night.Sometimes mine our bad at night and I dont even know why.Do u have restless leg by any chance?My mind is always thinking about something and i can have bad anxieties on and off for a week if I am worried about something.it is awful.I also suffer from health anxieties to.Do u have any hobbies?I know with me sometimes just knitting or crocheting helps but if they are to bad nothing helps me.
IN any case if u need someone to talk to I am here for you.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome first of all. Anxiety attacks are horrible. Im on meds for mine but normal advice is stop and breathe. When it starts grab a bag, anything with no holes, breathe in and out in the bag like you sniffiffing glue. Carbon dioxide and oxegen bla bla. It will calm you. After that other than meds id say get on this forum and talk. Talking is a great way to lower you blood pressure amd your stress. I hope you find some peace xxx