• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Newbie trying to be 'social'

L

LuciferK90

Hello,
I am here to communicate with those in similar situations as me.
Those that are severely effected by mental health issues as I am.
Which has in turn left my life feeling like that of a nightmare.
I have been social distancing for the last ten years. Unable to communicate. Unable to work. Unable to create relationships. Unable to be whomever I was.
This is why I have come here. To try to connect to those in similar shoes. Please feel free to call me by my alias, Lucifer.

P

PerpetuallyStuck

Nice alias "Lucifer". Makes me think of hell, and life can be hell. Especially missing out on fun for over a decade. I can relate to that. Hopefully you can succeed at some point in time. I'm still waiting for life to improve. At least, hoping and wishing for it. Welcome to the forum.

L

LuciferK90

Nice alias "Lucifer". Makes me think of hell, and life can be hell. Especially missing out on fun for over a decade. I can relate to that. Hopefully you can succeed at some point in time. I'm still waiting for life to improve. At least, hoping and wishing for it. Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for your reply.
I think life on this planet is hell. We are all just trapped here. Maybe some of us have awakened to the truth.
That life isn't as it is supposed to be. This awakening has left us with diagnosis, therapy, and medications.

It's like that show "The Good Place".
People are afraid to go to the "Bad Place", only to find out later on that they are actually already within the "Bad Place". It's just disguised as something better than it actually is.

P

PerpetuallyStuck

I think life on this planet is hell. We are all just trapped here. Maybe some of us have awakened to the truth.
That reminds me of my thoughts that I must be cursed in some way. It always seems to be me that doesn't get anywhere and suffers, while the majority seems to thrive and have fun. It's like a game of snakes and ladders where I continuously fall, no matter how many times I try to progress in life. Like it isn't meant to be, or that something is stopping me and holding me back.

I'm not religious, don't believe in ghosts or anything, but it has always felt like there is something extraordinary that is keeping me from succeeding in life!

L

LuciferK90

That reminds me of my thoughts that I must be cursed in some way. It always seems to be me that doesn't get anywhere and suffers, while the majority seems to thrive and have fun. It's like a game of snakes and ladders where I continuously fall, no matter how many times I try to progress in life. Like it isn't meant to be, or that something is stopping me and holding me back.

I'm not religious, don't believe in ghosts or anything, but it has always felt like there is something extraordinary that is keeping me from succeeding in life!
Well now we understand your choice of username.
I am more scientifically minded as well. That feeling of always falling is the exact feeling that also lead me to multiple mental hospitalizations.
It's a good thing your here, because reaching out this way is far better than being trapped in there.

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

Hi. I hope you can find a way not to be feel trapped . Working on my thoughts and sharing my experiences with people that care and realizing some things are just shit and other things/ people are good has lead me to be happy in a real space .. not a fake or nasty space ... Keep looking for that happiness that have always given to others and give it to yourself first .. hugs to you

JessisMe

JessisMe

I feel this way too. It’s so depressing and also frustrating (wearying). I wish I could have this lovely, bucolic carefree life like everyone else does instead of struggling alone in fear and silence. Not sure why things seem to have to be this way. I guess it is what it is.