Newbie needing support

I

Its-not-real

Morning all,

Newbie here.

I am in my early 40s and have suffered with depression since my mid 20s which was triggered by a relationship break up. I got through that period of deep depression eventually, and have had lower bouts on and off since.

Fast forward to 2017, and it’s back with avengence and I am reaching out for support.

It looks like my current relationship is over, and despite both of us not being as happy as we had been in the beginning, the pain of it has triggered the big D.

Last weekend was terrible for me, suicidal thoughts crept in and then kept coming back faster and louder and I did actually consider it as a way out of the pain. I called the Samaritans a few times and didn’t find them a awful lot of help. I wanted hope and advice and they seemed to be more there to listen to (maybe I was unlucky with my phone answerers)

I’ve got through the week and thought I was back on the up, but this morning the thoughts have come back thanks to a overnight bout of sleep paralysis.

I’m just reaching out for help and hope here.

B

bry7hunt

Hey there, it's always harder when you first break up with someone and certainly you can't see any reason why

B

bry7hunt

things would get better but they will trust me, just try to do things you enjoy and spend time doing things you love doing, you can get through this

C

Carlb232

You are roller coasteering. Always remember that you have better moments, so when your feeling down just know at some point you'll feel better. Write down a schedule of things to do each day to keep yourself occupied. Set up visits with your friends like going out to eat with them or movie night, watch a game, whatever you do with your friends. Talk to them about how you're feeling but don't spend too much time on the subject. Don't dwell on the break up, when you find yourself thinking about it think of something else. You need to change that thought. Replace it with something else as soon as you realize it. Spend some time outside too, take walks or go for a run, just get out in the sun for a bit. Just keep moving, time well heal, take it one day at a time. A saying a good friend of mine told me was, go as far as you can and when you get there you'll see farther. If you have too, go see a therapist and talk it out with them as well. Good luck with everything, I wish you the best.

I

Its-not-real

You are roller coasteering. Always remember that you have better moments, so when your feeling down just know at some point you'll feel better.
Thank you everyone so far, and especially for the above words that I am holding onto dearly.

I am genuinely scared about tonight and how and if I can make it through.

I

Its-not-real

Update. Fast forward a few weeks, I am much better and can see that what I was going through was just a process of grieving.

Admittedly it wasn’t fun, but it was needed

Jenbutterfly

Jenbutterfly

I just wanted to say that I too am going through a possible depression revisit and although I cant take away your pain I am here to listen and talk and maybe we can get through this together.
I too ended up contacting Samaritans for support and help although I did it through email as I'm not great talking aloud about my problems. they were helpful but some were more helpful then others so please remember that if you need to contact them again.

sending hugs your way
:hug5:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Depression Forum 9
P Depression Forum 5