• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

newbie I guess i better introduce myself!

C

CrashtestMummy

Hello, have posted a few times but havent done this bit,

Um..... I work as AE nurse and have had experance on both sides of the floor, having done a fairly good OD(researched it on toxbase then miscalculed the mils/ mg in my madness) it didnt work and worked with DSH, OD and other presentaions I can emphasise and I feel i dont upset or put down like I have seen some colleuges of mine do (I think this is mainly ignorence )

I am fairly good at hiding how bad I am feeling and had anti natel depression which became post natel depression ( proberly purpural ) as i had all manner of wonderful delusions, and hallucinations My husband at the time was very surportive and helped me cover it up and hold it together when the HV appeared my GP was informed and met me and tried to give me meds and refer me to the crisis team and i never attended and they never questioned it!!!

I guess having never really treated the first incidence that although it subsided its always been in the background ticking along and then I imploded about 18 months ago and have been on meds since ..............

apart from that i have a 5yr old daughter who I hold my self together for and hence why I manage to work (bills and mortgage) i live in fear that "they " would take her away from me and 3 scatty cats and a love when feeling better of adrenline junkie sports !

S

swan

Welcome & I love your username! Having recently od-ed and gone through the whole a&e unsympathetic nurses scenario i say good on you for being one of the angels the desperate thank god for (and im not even religious...) In my limited experience, that one understanding nurse who doesn't drag us around and tell us we're stupid for hurting ourselves really does restore your faith in humanity.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to the forum... there are a few nurses (inc myself) around the site. I think my biggest shock was not being immune from MH illness.. i thought it happened to others!

W

Watercolours

Welcome to the forum!

I'm the Borderline Personality Disorder Girl, who starts her Mental Health Nurse Training in September ;)

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Congratulations watercolour.. you must have worked really hard to get there.

Wendy

Wendy

Hello andwelcome! It's good to know that some nurses do their best to be understanding.
wendy x:welcome:

G

Greysunday

Hi Watercolour. OT must have given you a hard time, but congratulations.

emski

emski

Welcome to the forum. Wow there are quite a few of us here. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and through my experience was inspired. I've worked as a support worker and am now a student nurse - mental health.

I hope you like it here :grouphug:

W

Watercolours

Congratulations watercolour.. you must have worked really hard to get there.
Yes especially the last twelve months, been doing my Access to Nursing Course, just accepted my place at University this week, applied for five Uni's and got interview's at all five! (y)

Hi Watercolour. OT must have given you a hard time, but congratulations.
Not got as far as Occupational Heath yet at uni, only accepted my place this week, but my Psych is supporting my 110% so I don't think there will be any issues! :)

Welcome to the forum. Wow there are quite a few of us here. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and through my experience was inspired. I've worked as a support worker and am now a student nurse - mental health.

I hope you like it here :grouphug:
I always wanted to go into Nursing, I cared for my mum for 17 years but she passed away 11 months ago from Renal Failure, and then it was my time to get back into education, and I decided on the MH branch because of my own experiences. Really looking forward to starting uni and my training. :grouphug: Looking forward to getting to know you all!

emski

emski

Good luck with Occy Health - I am sure it will go fine (y)

SimonB

SimonB

lol...don't do what I did...set out to do my psyche training, met a load of guys on the general side and swapped over.....Good Luck and have a good experience

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Introduce Yourself 4
ParxSP Introduce Yourself 9
lalune96 Introduce Yourself 2
F Introduce Yourself 8
N Introduce Yourself 4