Newbie here!

C

Cat Mama

I'm new here, and I want to learn how to be more accepting of myself and my mental health. I have Asperger's, depression and intermittent explosive disorder. I have a husband who is also autistic, as well as bipolar disorder and insomnia.

I joined this forum because I want to learn to be more accepting of myself and my husband. My depression has gotten in the way of our relationship, and even my life. I had to leave the gardens where I volunteer because my depression is out of control; I had depression and had negative self-thoughts for nearly a decade now. Plus, I made a mistake at the gardens and I can't stop dwelling on that. This place was where I finally felt good about myself, and now I feel so bad about leaving.

I also want to be more accepting of my husband's bipolar disorder and insomnia. We hardly spend time with each other anymore because he sleeps during the day for the most part, and is up when I am sleeping. He was diagnosed with bipolar disorder a couple years ago, and since then I have difficulty putting up with him.

I want to be able to communicate with my husband and parents without getting angry or sad. I want to make our marriage work in spite of our flaws, and it frustrates me that I can't understand my husband. I also want to learn to stop be self-loathing and have a normal life. I missed when I was able to handle everything positively, and I want to feel good about myself again, without feeling sad or giving up.

I am hoping this forum would help me understand my bipolar husband and make me feel good about myself again. We love each other and want to do anything to make ourselves feel good again.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Warm welcome aboard, Cat Mama :welcome:

This is a supportive, caring community. Hope you'll stay and draw strength from us and more insight into bipolar. Lots of lovely bipolar folks here that can talk to you. :hug:

See you around xxx

Foxjo

Foxjo

Hi and welcome to the forum!
Have a look around, you should find this place friendly and supportive.
Hugs
Fox

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi
Welcome to the forum