• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

newbie here - Think I may have Depression

L

lynne

hi everyone

im new to all this so please bear with me,i think i may have depression,i have no interest in life,i feel suicidal,no social life,i just sit and stare and go into a world of my own,i had a bad childhood,im a very shy person and people think im weird cos i dont hardly talk,if it wasnt for my kids i know i definitley wouldnt be here,i know i should go and see my doctor but in truth im terrified,im at my wits here and finding it really hard,sorry for rambling,hope this makes sense,thankx for reading.

lynne:(

M

mad as a hatter

hi and welcome don,t be scared go c ur gp that,s what there for 2 try and help u the forum is good u get a lot support here

D

Dollit

Hi Lynne and thanks for trusting us enough to say that. Go and have a chat with your GP. Take a print out of your posting if it helps gets things started. Many people here have or have had depression in one form or another and will understand how you feel. Welcome.

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Lynne, and :welcome: to MHF :hug: You will find lots of friendly, supportive folk here :welcome:

F

fitnesschick

hi

im new too so i know how you feel regarding being a newby here
- i hope i can offer you some sort of support and help

xx

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to the forum. I hope that you can find the support you need here and that you will go and see your GP as well. I look forward to seeing you around.

Rollinat

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Lynne :flowers:

I can only echo as others have said , go see your gp & tell him/her exactly what you've told us.
At MHF there is alway's some one around to offer support too.

L

lynne

hi everyone thanks for the welcome,i would just like to say im beginning to harm myself and in honesty im scared of myself.

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Lynne,

I can empathise with your situation being in the midst of depression with a history of self harm. It's great that you've found this forum as it is a great place to off load how you are feeling while also get loads of support. Great though this is it isn't an alternative to seeing your gp. I think of it more as something that runs along side the help that I get from the professionals and I know that I couldn't do without any of them. Going to see your GP is a key step in getting rid of those bad feelings and working towards some happier times (and all the evidence shows that you will have better days again!).

I appreciate that it's never easy to go and talk to someone for the first time about how you are feeling (often I did more crying than talking - sometimes this said enough about how I was feeling!) and I think it's a great idea of Dollits to print out your post and take that along with you to get the conversation going. It does however get easier. Do make an appointment. Sorry if I've come across as a bit lecturey - I'll reprimand myself for that one!

Take care and keep posting!
Honey, xx

L

lynne

hi

just thought id write another post cos im feeling really bad tonight,my legs and arms are sore,i just cant cope any longer with life,i think the whole world is one big joke,im also scared of myself in honesty,going 2 see the doc terrifys me just dont think i can do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mad as a hatter

i feel the same at times at the mo my mood seems 2 change hour by hour tryin resist self harm is so hard the worlde can be a shit and lonely place at times

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Introduce Yourself 3
J Introduce Yourself 5
S Introduce Yourself 10
B Introduce Yourself 14
J Introduce Yourself 4