• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Newbie. Experiencing psychosis

J

Jessone0

Hi all,

I have just joined and I am someone who has been diagnosed with depression. I also have auditory, visual and tactile hallucinations. They don't seem to be able to pin down a reason i'm am experiencing this and I have to say I have not had many good doctors. I would be interested in talking to anyone who has had similar experiences.

Hope to talk soon. :)

M

mumto6

Hiya Jess - I hope you find this forum as much help as I have done.

I too see - hear and smell things that others areound me can not.
It drives me insane at times - they tend to come on when I am most tired ( which is quite often at the moment)

The worst I think is when lying in the bath and I hear footsteps creeping up the stairs making them creak and see the door handle turn and the shodow get close to me then the large hand coming towards my face in the attempt to drown me.

You most def are not alone x

J

Jessone0

Thank god! Thanks for posting. My doctors act like they have never seen anyone before who has had this and was also able to carry on a conversation. When you are hearing, seeing and smelling things do you know they are not real, question wether they are real or not, or actually sometimes think they're real?

M

mumto6

Hiya well I managed 2 hours sleep now up and wide awake !
At first I sa shadows and figures and it terrified it - I mean really knocked me six. Then I started to hear what I call muffled sounds - words and convosations but could not clearly hear the words - more like a hushed whisper. The smell side is not a common one for me but they are mostly of either a wet dog smell ( I do not own a dog) or like a sewarage smell.

I beleived what I saw for sure - it was only when the hedgehog running around my kitchen spooked me into screaming catch it to my other half that I started to question myself as he hunted high and low and no hedgehog , while I stood screaming on the kitchen chair. The same happened with the hamster in the Xmas Tree. I forver see figures standing at my door - pass the window etc but no faces. I have often heard whispered convosations between 2 people - this has made me jump to the conclusion many times that my partner was having secret phone calls away from me etc , even tho he would say well my mobile is next to you so how could I have been on the phone.

I was so afraid I kept it secret for many years , sadly it started to become a daily occorance so I thought I would mention it to the Pscyciatrist who thankfully thought it was normal enough and did not look shocked.
I can sometimes argue what I saw or heard was true but I am slowly learning it is my mind playing tricks.

I am not going to moan about it too much as I have read others accounts of seeing and hearing things that have been nasty and frightning and aggressive etc - at least mine have all been bearable and for that part I am thankfull.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Introduce Yourself 4
ParxSP Introduce Yourself 9
lalune96 Introduce Yourself 2
F Introduce Yourself 8
C Introduce Yourself 26