• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Newbie - Bit worried

T

trying hard

Hi All
I've been treated for depression for 15 years and am used to the moods, the feelings, emotions etc.
Very occasionally I think I 'hear' an extra voice or thought in my head. It usually lasts for only a few seconds and then I don't hear it again for a long time.
I've 'heard' something again today but it's not clear.
I can't say what it said - apart from that it was negative and was almost dismissive of my other thoughts - the one's I was having about tidying my flat.
I can't say what words it even used.
This sounds as though it's not making sense to me but I hoped some of you would be able to say you feel the same or get similar experiences so that I could explain it better.

I am on Fluoxetine Hydrochloride - 40mg a day and am able to hold down a good job.

I've not used depression/mental health forums for a while but feel I need someone to just tell me I'm OK. :(

Thanks all and sorry to just barge in on you like this.

Trying. x

S

starfish

trying

thats good your working what do you do? if you dont mind saying? i have been having intrusive thoughts for a while now triggered by stress the best thing i think would be to see your gp and maybe get fixed up to the cmht or councelling. good luck.:)

T

trying hard

Hi Starfish.
Thanks for replying.
I'm a teacher and not a bad one when I'm well.
I get very stressed as I have a lot of responsibilities and have been very lucky in being able to work alongside depression.
I have some understanding colleagues as well which is wonderful.
I am worried I won't get a promotion in the coming months as I've been a bit 'weird' lately - but I am with you on the stress thing.
It is related definitely.

I'm just scared now. :O(

S

starfish

dont be scared, my son is a teacher so i know how hard it can be. i hope you get some help for your difficulties, better to nip it in the bud..:) take care.