• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Newbie - Binge Eating and Anxiety/Depression

O

OptimistPink

Hi everyone!

My name is Sophie. I'm 31 years of age and I live with my best friend and our many pets. I'm here because I'm currently seeking help for binge eating disorder. I've had a bad relationship with food for as long as I can remember. When I was a pre-teen I was made fun of at school for being fat when really I was both just very tall and developing early. These comments caused me to start looking to food for comfort. When I started university, even though I still lived at home, I finally had my own money, and that was when I began buying junk food to secretly eat in my bed at night. That behaviour has never really gone away. I've realised that one of my triggers is feeling bored when alone, so I thought I would try reaching to people online and this seemed like a great place.

I've had other issues in the recent past. I developed really bad ezcema on my face and body due to the stress of universtiy exams and this was when my anxiety and depression became out of control. I've always been a socially anxious person, so uni was always going to be hard, but I started skipping classes. I would even pretend to get the bus to university, hide around the side of the house, and sneak back in when my mum left for work. Eventually, I failed my exams and left university. These issues only got worse as I continued to live with my mum, who suffers from clinical depression, as she was very aggressive and hurtful during her bad days. I was only really able to deal with these issues when I moved out of my mum's house and found a place with my best friend. She showed me what it was like to live "normally" with another person and made me want to be the best me I could be. I made an appointment with my GP and with the help of medication and counselling I've learned to cope better with my anxiety.

Sophie

one light

one light

Good introduction Sophie, welcome here - I am a bit older that you 67 now - the negative energy from the junk food will hang around in your system - and the aggression you witnessed again 'negative transferrable energy' - we are energy beings as in human beings - made up of 100% energy - so do as I did after I got bad rashes on my arms before I learned to raise my vibes 'vibrational energy' - you can research all this online - a little more exercise, some time in nature - trees are high vibes, less TV reading is better - the reward is... 'possible zero meds' as I am now for 3 years... so chatting on hold, little research, you never know... good luck.