• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Newbie, 25y f. with anxiety and mild depression problems

S

Saguara

Hello everyone
I am 25y f living my hole life with separation anxiety from home. Now when I started to do my first job thing got unbearable even I'm only 20 minutes from home and I still live with my parents and younger sister. I don't have much friends and because of this corona situation all my friends are stuck at their homes in different countries. I live in small williage and not many things are going around, so some times it deppresd me that all my friends got out williage and went abroad, and I stuck here.

J

JeanPierre

Hi, welcome here!
I hope as the world opens up and you are at your job longer that things will improve and
you will become comfortable being away from home.
Best luck.

B

Bonbonsmum

Hi there. Do you not live at home with family anymore xx

S

Saguara

Hi there. Do you not live at home with family anymore xx
I live 😔 and that what's scares me. If I feel this way, how will I cope with things and new problems when I would have to move out. For the past 5 years I lived alone in rented apartment because I was going to college, and I thought my anxiety was under control because I wasn't so worried about not being at home because I traveled to home every weekend. And now after 1 year of living at home this creepe feeling of fear is turning back.
I must say English is not my primary language and I am sorry for writing mistakes.

crybaby11

crybaby11

hello and welcome saguara! i’m new as well, but from what i’ve seen i think you are in the right place. there seems to be many kind and helpful people here

i second what jeanpierre said, that hopefully when covid dies down (and things are looking up - more people are getting vaccinated each day!) things will begin to improve for you. i struggle a bit with separation anxiety from home as well, especially now that i am thinking of moving out soon. it makes me very upset to think about living on my own away from my family. what specifically makes you anxious about it?

we are here for you, you are not alone <3

S

Saguara

thank you all for support 🙂
I don't know, the second I am going somewhere for 2 or 3 day alone (or now for work) my brain just goes to this state in which I think: o I have to go, and everyone in family is staying at home and together.
Basically this separation fear was soo big that I almost give up on college, but I am glad that I didn't, because I meet some wonderful people and had great time despite the fear

crybaby11 what makes you anxious?

crybaby11

crybaby11

i'm glad you did not give up on college either! and that must have been a big step too. it's important to know that you are able to have a good time and meet great people even when the fear is there in the back of your mind.

the thing that makes me anxious about leaving home is that because my family relies on me a lot, it scares me to think about what will happen if someday they need me and i'm not there for them. i will of course be a phone call away but what if they aren't able to reach me? things like that

S

Saguara

i'm glad you did not give up on college either! and that must have been a big step too. it's important to know that you are able to have a good time and meet great people even when the fear is there in the back of your mind.

the thing that makes me anxious about leaving home is that because my family relies on me a lot, it scares me to think about what will happen if someday they need me and i'm not there for them. i will of course be a phone call away but what if they aren't able to reach me? things like that
I understand you, that is one of my concern, but not for my parents but grandparents. They live 2 streets away and I am going everyday to them. They are very old and they need help in everything. My dad and mom goes to them but sometimes they don't won't to call them if they know that mom is at work and dad is alone and have to do everything in the house (he is retired).

crybaby11

crybaby11

I understand you, that is one of my concern, but not for my parents but grandparents. They live 2 streets away and I am going everyday to them. They are very old and they need help in everything. My dad and mom goes to them but sometimes they don't won't to call them if they know that mom is at work and dad is alone and have to do everything in the house (he is retired).
i see, that makes sense. does having a reason to visit them everyday help you feel better at all?

A

alanr5682

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome to the forum. We are all here to support one another.
Peace and love.

alanr5682.

S

Saguara

i see, that makes sense. does having a reason to visit them everyday help you feel better at all?
yes, I feel more relaxed and my grandmother is always supportive and I can tell her everything

crybaby11

crybaby11

yes, I feel more relaxed and my grandmother is always supportive and I can tell her everything
that’s very good!! even though you don’t live with your grandparents you are able to visit and feel comfortable. you’re 2 streets away so you’re not far from them

S

Saguara

yes, that is what I always say to myself
there are close, don't worry
thank you crybaby11 I just needed some to say all this and share my worries
Tomarow is new day and new challenge 😪 I know that I have some tough things to do tomorrow at work and I don't understand them well and thats why I am anxious and don't want to go

crybaby11

crybaby11

yes, that is what I always say to myself
there are close, don't worry
thank you crybaby11 I just needed some to say all this and share my worries
Tomarow is new day and new challenge 😪 I know that I have some tough things to do tomorrow at work and I don't understand them well and thats why I am anxious and don't want to go
of course, if you ever need to vent some more feel free to PM me :hug1: we’re all in this struggle together so we might as well help each other as much as we can. stay strong!! i’m sure you’ll complete those tough tasks at work just fine :)

S

Saguara

Thank you ☺ I think I would need some one this days to vent beside my grandmother. I don't want her or my parents to worry to much for me