• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

newbee

E

ellabee

Hi everyone,
as I feel alone and isolated from most of my family and friends I'm hoping to speak to people in a similar situation to me. I have bipolar with psychosis seeing a psychitrist for around 7 months and im on two types of meds but they will be changing soon.

no one understands when i fly off the handle when to much is going on around me or when the tv annoys me. If i want to be alone I cant as im a self harmer so im watched. Some days are ok others are awful ive been this way for years but now have an answer even though I dont fell im any better. currently im not sleeping spending money until my partner cut all my cards yesterday but sneakily signed up for a storecard and catalogue today. I cant help it I steel sometimes i dont know why.

I lash out and hit people if i feel they are looking at me strange usually on nights out. I dont feel in control of myself and i fear i never will

B

Blondie

Just wanted to say welcome and I'm sure there are others on here you will understand what you are going through.:hug:

M

maudikie

maudikie

Welcome to our community. I hope that "talking" to us will help. I am pleased you are to see the psychiarist soon. Tell him/her everything. It's a good idea to write things downfirst then you don't forget to tell them. Try some deep breathing and relax as much as you can, and all good wishes. Trust your psychiatrist. they have a great deal of experience. And if things are not going right get another appointment. Have you a mental health team? If so it would be helpful to have contact with them

L

LilMissLost

Hiya Ellabee,
I think people look at me strange aswell, found your post here when you asked for help on bipolar forum, I fly off the handle aswell feels like you have so much going on in your head sometimes even the smallest things irritate you. Not sure if it helps having an diagnosis or not, i guess it does as then you know what you are dealing with but even so its alot to take in. Are you on a mood stabiliser and anti psychotic at the moment, i have really been badgering my docs to get me on the right meds, put me on antidepressants a week ago i told them i wasnt depressed!! Just wanted to say i understand and if you need a chat just message me :) Think your meds could definetly do with changing or upping depending on what you are taking, all the best and hope to see you around! x

E

ellabee

Hiya Ellabee,
I think people look at me strange aswell, found your post here when you asked for help on bipolar forum, I fly off the handle aswell feels like you have so much going on in your head sometimes even the smallest things irritate you. Not sure if it helps having an diagnosis or not, i guess it does as then you know what you are dealing with but even so its alot to take in. Are you on a mood stabiliser and anti psychotic at the moment, i have really been badgering my docs to get me on the right meds, put me on antidepressants a week ago i told them i wasnt depressed!! Just wanted to say i understand and if you need a chat just message me :) Think your meds could definetly do with changing or upping depending on what you are taking, all the best and hope to see you around! x

thanks good to have your support this site has been brill even though ive been on here two days. im on quietipine (anti psych) 150mg and venleflexine 225mg but after seeing my psych hes going to change them so Im not sure what i'll be on next. dignosis hasnt really helped bottom line im still the same still struggling now i just have a label x

L

LilMissLost

thanks good to have your support this site has been brill even though ive been on here two days. im on quietipine (anti psych) 150mg and venleflexine 225mg but after seeing my psych hes going to change them so Im not sure what i'll be on next. dignosis hasnt really helped bottom line im still the same still struggling now i just have a label x
This site is good, glad you are finding some help on it and im with you on that one now... diagnosis hasnt helped, still struggling and just have a label! So so hard when people dont understand that it isnt your fault, and hope you find some people you can talk to on here, have you ever had counselling? I have in the past before my diagnosis but am seriously thinking of paying for some again with someone who has experience in bipolar and psychosis as my doctor wont give me it. Until i do, im not sure i can move forward as iv no idea who i am anymore or what i want. Hope you get some more help soon and thinking of you x