• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Newb here to say hey. Trigger warning

Tricky Trauma

I am here to hopefully lend some support to others as well as get some support when I need it. My story pretty much stems from family mental illness that was not my own. Growing up I led a well adjusted life for the most part, I was pretty social, did extremely well in school, and into a lot of activities especially volleyball. The issue was I had an older brother who had severe mental health issue. This didn't bother me and I still loved him. My parents were great and treated us great. One day when I was 11 years old and my brother was 15, I guess he couldn't handle things anymore. This is really hard for me. My brother killed my parents and injured myself.. I suppose he thought he killed all of us as he went off and killed himself. I can still visualize and hear all of it happening in my head. I to this day ask myself why God did not take me as well. I wish he did many times. I now live with my Aunt and Uncle and I owe them everything for keeping me going and focused on bettering my life for my future. I suffer from CPTSD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder & Major depressive Disorder.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Tricky Trauma, welcome to the forum.

Turtle1980

Turtle1980

Hey Happy Thanksgiving and nice to meet you. I can relate to childhood trauma mine left me with schizophrenia, social anxiety and we'll just ruined my Outlook on life. Days are a struggle it's hard to have gone through so much pain as a child and then it leaves you mentally ill, like life didn't give you a chance. Now I just isolate myself from the world. And then I found this site and realized I wasn't alone if you find yourself needing someone to talk to I could use a friend to. :)

Tricky Trauma

Hello Tricky Trauma, welcome to the forum.
Thanx, great to be here and great to meet ya.

Hey Happy Thanksgiving and nice to meet you. I can relate to childhood trauma mine left me with schizophrenia, social anxiety and we'll just ruined my Outlook on life. Days are a struggle it's hard to have gone through so much pain as a child and then it leaves you mentally ill, like life didn't give you a chance. Now I just isolate myself from the world. And then I found this site and realized I wasn't alone if you find yourself needing someone to talk to I could use a friend to. :)
My life was fine and one traumatic incident blew everything out of whack. It is now a struggle for me everyday. I still try to make it through and with the support of my Aunt & Uncle and my Therapist and Psychiatrist, but it isn't easy many days.

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome 🙏 I am so sad about your story it is dreadful. Try to take one day at a time. It must be the hardest situation to be in. You seem a very strong person to get this far and I am certain with all the support you have you will one day fell happy again. I wish you all the best. Just keep writing on here and it may help as the forum is very therapeutic and helpful to vent feelings. Jolly

Tricky Trauma

This girl has attitude. But if she eats all that cheese she wont be able to poop.
Bwahahaha LMAO

Welcome 🙏 I am so sad about your story it is dreadful. Try to take one day at a time. It must be the hardest situation to be in. You seem a very strong person to get this far and I am certain with all the support you have you will one day fell happy again. I wish you all the best. Just keep writing on here and it may help as the forum is very therapeutic and helpful to vent feelings. Jolly
Thank You, I do take life one day at a time. I still wonder each day why am I here. Why did I get spared and my mom and dad not? Why did my brother not seek help before doing what he did? I don't think I will ever get answers to these questions that fill my head everyday, but the support I have with my Psychiatrist and Therapist and especially my Aunt and Uncle who I live with now they are keeping me on the right path.