• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New

Blackrat

Blackrat

Hello!
I got banned from another messageboard recently because they didn't want "my sort" around there :redface:
This place looks a little friendlier! :D

D

Dollit

What's your sort then Blackrat? I was once advised I was in the wrong place because I didn't behaviour like a junior member when I joined. Strange notions people have. Welcome!

Blackrat

Blackrat

I don't know what sort I am really!
Just pretty lonely at the moment and could do with people to talk to - and if they understand about... "things" all the better :)

J

jamesdean

Hello!
I got banned from another messageboard recently because they didn't want "my sort" around there :redface:
This place looks a little friendlier! :D
Hi we are friendly, however whot do you mean by your sort, because you have a mh condition? Whot was the site called?:) so we can avoid it

Blackrat

Blackrat

Hi we are friendly, however whot do you mean by your sort, because you have a mh condition? Whot was the site called?:) so we can avoid it
Yeah - I got banned for admitting to self-harm :(

Not going to mention the name of the site yet - not sure how safe it is on here yet...

D

Dollit

Talk to us and we do understand about things. Lots of things.

D

Dollit

It's safe here. And we have a special section for self-harm for those of us who have to use it. All we ask is that you don't describe specific acts and even then we don't ban we just edit. This is a great place.

Blackrat

Blackrat

Sounds good - all I did to get banned was to ask for someone to stop posting something because I thought I'd find it triggering, someone else asked what I meant and when I said that I had problems with SI, they banned me for "threatening behaviour" :unsure:

But cheers for the welcome :) It usually takes me a while to feel "safe" anywhere - I've had a lot of bad experiences on message boards and I just like to take my time before I say anything much about myself :)

Just wondering - can you edit/delete posts at any time? I got in a bit of trouble a few years ago and someone found a board I used to post on and quoted everything I'd ever posted there to use against me (none of it was really relevant - just chit-chat...) and because they couldn't delete or edit my posts, it just got really out of control and he used more and more of it to try to upset me :unsure: if I can delete things straight away (or edit them) I'd just feel safer knowing that I can make things "dissapeer".

D

Dollit

You can edit and delete your own posts to a point but if you can't and you want a supermod or and admin to do it just click on the warning triangle and send us a message that way or a pm even and we'll do it for you.

We ask members to put a trigger notice on threads that may be disturbing but again we can always add the trigger warning if we think it's necessary.

Take your time getting to know us, have a chat and pop in the cafe, good bunch of people here, none of us perfect but you can't have everything!

Blackrat

Blackrat

That's great :) I don't think it'll ever come to that again, but I feel better knowing that I'm ok if it does!

Nobody's perfect, but that's ok :) if anyone *was* perfect they probably wouldn't have time to talk to people anyway!

T

trainwreck

hey buddy, i speak my mind an it can get me in trouble sometimes,but if im wrong i say so. thats all you can do, i was on a site an wrote a few stories an some of the regulars not many, resented the post i was getting an the way i gained many freinds . they blanked me an got me a weeks ban for a minor point. so i to left .i still have friends on the site an look in now an then but the trust has gone that site is phyco babble,so just say what you have to say an dont worry if you get it wrong apologise an thats all you can do.:cool:

S

saffron

welcome blackrat and hope you will always feel that you are welcome here. I am sure you will, I have.
S

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Blackrat and welcome to the forum. :welcome:

ps...I love your nickname. :)