• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

new

A

AQuidel

Counselor says I've been emotionally abused all my life; says I am shame based. I'm in counseling for depression and anxiety, attachment issues and general hopelessness, but he has to call every time and tell me I'm late because time no longer exists for me. Glad I'm 5 minutes away from his office! I'm tired of having my feelings and thought be so easily dismissed or forgotten. My counselor also believe that I am not an introvert by nature. Instead, he insists it is how I adapted to being a very lonely child. I'm also, not surprisingly, very avoidant. I never felt lonely as a child. I embarrassed to say I've become a lonely adult.

M

mooncat

Hello welcome to the forum.Hope you find here a better place to chat make friends and for some support and understanding from other members.

A

AQuidel

Thanks. I sound pathetic, I've realized.

M

mooncat

Try not to put yourself down.Heres a good place to post anything and not be judged.
It can even be just a (rant) not even looking for a reply.Dosnt have to be mental health even.just a place to chat .

A

AQuidel

Thanks. But I'm not who I used to be. I used to be strong.

M

mooncat

me too.Then i broke.Trying to put the pieces back together again but they dont seem to fit.
Sorry im not that positive.im kinda feeling crap at the minuite.

R

Rose19602

Hey Aquidel,

Sorry to hear about your struggles. I think lots of people here can relate to "being strong once" and feeling like a shadow of their former self now. It goes with the territory. Mental illness shakes your foundations, and if they weren't strong to start with the impact can be great.

So a big :welcome: from me! I see that you're already posting on the main forum, but if you need any help or info, give me or one of the other forum guides (names in bright pink) a PM.

x

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hello and welcome x

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi AQuidel and welcome to the forum.

You don't sound pathetic at all. You're just struggling and finding it difficult to cope. I think we've all been there at some time or another. :hug1:

A

AQuidel

me too.Then i broke.Trying to put the pieces back together again but they dont seem to fit.
Sorry im not that positive.im kinda feeling crap at the minuite.
No, no - you're perfect because - that's exactly the same for me! No one gets it when I say the exact same thing!

A

AQuidel

Thanks everyone. Maybe I've found a soft landing in a hard world.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

It sounds like you have a lot of emotional pain, but i'm pleased to hear that you are working through things with a counsellor.:hug1:

Hope you find this forum helps you - i'm sure people will be able to relate to your experiences.

A

AQuidel

Thanks - I don't know if I'll fully get into my garbage here - there's a lot. I did start a journal but there should be a definite trigger warning.