• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New website for people experiencing mental health problems in Westminster

v01ce5

v01ce5

New website for people experiencing mental health problems in Westminster

Press Release:

Mental distress can affect people of any age and background, and one in four of us will experience a mental health problem at some point in our lives. A new website has now been launched providing advice, information and news for Westminster residents with mental health problems.

www.go4mentalhealth.com includes an activities directory with details and links to over 70 projects and facilities in Westminster, from art workshops and gardening to fitness centres and opportunities for further education. There is also general advice on diet and exercise, mood, drugs and alcohol, and steps to take in an emergency.

The website was designed and constructed with the help of a large number of local people who use mental health services, explains the project’s co-ordinator Mary Evans. ‘The group has played in influential role in deciding the content for the site, suggesting activities they would like to know more about. The group also led on the look and feel of the website, and their own artwork is used.’ Throughout the website there are photographs taken by and of local service users.

The go4mentalhealth.com project is managed by Westminster Mind, with funding provided by the Westminster Primary Care Trust.

[CENTER]End of Press Release[/CENTER]

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Excellent, another sticky in the Westminster Local Forum me thinks. I actually emailed a poster to Westminster Mind the other day, and they got back to me saying they'd be happy to put it up in the centre. Good to see they've made contact about their new service directory...