• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New user who wants information regarding Nimopdine to treat bipolar 1

H

HES

After 5 years of wonderful stability on Latuda, I developed extreme Dystonic reactions. Tried lots of different things including cogentin to counteract Dystonia. Nothing worked. Now reactive to all antipsychotics. Lamictal gave me drug induced Lupus and a plethora of other meds gave me unlovable side effects. doctor has now put me on Nimopidine and I can’t find much on it. Anybody have any experience? I’m basically out of my medication options and I don’t want to go back to being “fun” if you want to call it that

B

Black Despondency

It helps increase blood flow in the brain. It's a calcium channel blocker that primarily effects the brain and helps the arteries relax to increase blood flow. I would imagine it has some psychological effects, but I didn't find much documentation of any. Nimodipine seems like a strange choice to me, but some extra blood flow can help the brain heal. I'm too tired to do more research, but it would not surprise me if some psychiatric medications end up decreasing blood flow in the brain. Have you asked psychiatrist about why they chose Nimodipine?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Bipolar Forum 3