• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

new to you all... hello

Norabella

Norabella

Hello I am new here and like many others glad to have found this forum.

I have a long history of mental illness, I'm afraid because it was caused by childhoon abuse.

I have been lucky in that I have had therapy,which took a long time coming inasmuch as I could not deal with my problems until I was in my thirties - mental illness aht is part and parcel of a person is hard to see as anything other than normal even if as I did I knew I wasnt right.

Anyway I still have issues, anxiety is the main one, and a touch of paranoia - I get issues with my body too but by and large am a lot better than I was before the therapy.

I am 45 and married nearly 25 years (poor s*d) with 2 cats and no job but I do voluntary work.

I am hoping that DSS will renew my DLA - as I had an episode so to speak and didnt get it in in time so they have suspended my payments.

I am on incapacity as well and that form has come too, but I am more with it this time so will get that one in in time!

I hope to get to know poeple better and hope I can help others too,

I get depressed as well and sometimes hate myself - life is very strange as they say.

Blessings!

Nora

companion

companion

Founding Member
Hi Norabella and :welcome: ( i still love using this emoticon)

It is nice to welcome you to this forum. It is a very friendly, safe, and supportive environment. I have not been on here for almost a week, but I cant imagine anything has changed in that time :LOL:.

If you need tp or wish to share anything, here is the place you can do that.

See you around soon

Take care

Companion

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Norabella and welcome to the Forum. It's great to have you here. I too am waiting for a decision on DLA - not optimistic but as you say that's life.

As Companion says, there's a good bunch of people here and plenty of friends to be made as well as loads of support and help. Have a look around and when you're comfortable dive in!

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Norabella and :welcome: to MHF :) You will find us all friendly and supportive.

Hope to speak with you soon :flowers:

Norabella

Norabella

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! :redface: :flowers:

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hi Norabella,

A big :welcome: to you, i hope you find mhf MHF helpfull.

Look forward to speaking to you :flowers:

Norabella

Norabella

ta..

Thanks for your kindness.... I found out today I have BPD and complex post traumatic stress disorder!

J

jamesdean

Hi Norabella I'm sure you have found a good place now to share your experiences and to chat:welcome:jd[/COLOR

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Introduce Yourself 2
P Introduce Yourself 9
G Introduce Yourself 15
TylersOutlet24 Introduce Yourself 7
L Introduce Yourself 9