• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New to this

B

Blue33

Good that you’ve got something that you can do to help

S

Shay94

Yeah it does help n gives me lots of things to think about

B

Blue33

I started doing something diamond painting , felt a bit silly doing it at first but found it very relaxing

S

Shay94

I've never tried it. Gaming is what I do to really throw myself into something & completely forget shit/need a night to myself. Occasionally I'll remember to reply back to people who msg me but if that's the case, its bout couple of hours in between texts. And if its just to relax for couple of hours, then I'll do things like: reading, music, word puzzles/Sudoku, take my dog out to the dog park etc

B

Blue33

Never really tried playing games. Did when I was younger but haven’t played any for a while

S

Shay94

Its good when you want to escape from everything for a few hours

B

Blue33

Yeah I used to play final fantasy games used to be lost in them for hours

S

Shay94

Grew up with the game so having it come to pc & knowing all the games are in that collection made me so happy. Its brought so many memories back of my childhood

S

Shay94

Much better. Sat down with bosses after work today and explained everything to them of how my depression/anxiety started 3 years ago when Mum got her 2nd round of cancer, me having to get checked for breast cancer now in case it's genetic, how the gossiping at work started which led to me not enjoying the job anymore/felt like leaving, what other staff had said bout the bosses, to my cousin's bf committing suicide last year, my cousin tried doing it couple of months ago, then the stuff that's been happening now with Mum etc. So all that was affecting work etc which was why I hadn't been doing good job lately, meds only gave me the effect of nausea as far as docs told me but I'm determined to get myself back

B

Blue33

That’s good that you’ve spoke to the bosses might help you more now to get back on track

S

Shay94

Thank you and I hope so. That's just one step and talked to my partner again today that I'm happy where we are, that I'll work on myself so I can get better n move back home