• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New to this

B

Blue33

Just wondering if anyone else has similar things to what have. Had heart palpitations and ever since haven’t been able to relax keep thinking I’m gonna have a heart attack or that my heart is always beating to fast. Find myself looking at my Fitbit and panicking if it says a certain number of beats per minute :( meant to be getting put on tablets sometime next week when I’ve spoke to my doctor. Just a horrible feeling and sometimes makes me feel sick.

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. I am sorry you are suffering like this. Have you ever tried Mindfulness? Its not a quick fix but it can really help with the feelings. You need to look it up to get the fuller picture, but we have a brief intro here.

I hope you have support from your doctor.

B

Blue33

Awww thanks I’ll look in to it. I’ve tried keeping busy to keep my mind off it but hard sometimes

calypso

calypso

Admin
It is so hard to live in the moment and not project into the future and cause yourself such distress. I think meds might also help you here.

B

Blue33

Yeah the doctor at the hospital said they will calm me down. Just hope I won’t have to rely on them too much though

S

Shay94

I'm currently on meds for anxiety atm. I feel the same way, I don't really wanna be taking them forever but atm they seem to be helping little more each day so I'm sticking with it. Just scares me how I feel like my heart will burst inside my chest & I freak out not knowing how to calm myself down 😔

B

Blue33

Oh I’m the same 😞. I think most the time I make it like that myself by panicking. But once I start panicking I can’t stop. What meds you on if you don’t mind saying? I’ve got to speak to my doctor tomorrow about what meds I’m gonna start taking starting to worry about it. With not having to take anything like that before

S

Shay94

Its called 'desvenlafaxine'. I'm only on 50mg atm but they seem to be working little bit, they calm me down a bit for anxiety which it's good. Just didn't work for me today as I was extremely highly stressed n overtired for not sleeping much. I don't wanna be taking pills forever but if they help, then it's better than nothing at all & causing myself to self destruct

B

Blue33

That’s good that they calm you down a little. Sorry to hear you’ve been having a bad day.

S

Shay94

That’s good that they calm you down a little. Sorry to hear you’ve been having a bad day.
Thank you, I appreciate it. Working with animals help me lots but the 2 bosses at my current job are ridiculous to cope with, doesn't matter what we do it's not good enough for them. I've known 12 people here that's left due to the bosses in the 4 years I've worked here.... that tells me itself what the problem is

B

Blue33

I always wanted to work with animals but didn’t seem to end up doing it. What do you do? Yeah poor management. Been in a few jobs myself like that and it is stressful 😞 sometimes you feel like saying do it yourself then

S

Shay94

Yes there's been several times when I've felt like saying that to them but as I won't find a new job thanks to covid 19, i have to stick with it. Job keeper payments from gov is a bonus as well so at least its something.... I work at a cattery, a boarding facility for cats. Anyone that needs their cat looked after while they're moving house, on FIFO, going on holidays etc, we look after them while they're away, photos updates when owners ask how they're settling in etc. Its a good job, animals keep me calm when anxiety is high and I feel like I'm struggling, some days are just harder than others

B

Blue33

That’s good that you work with cats and they help keep you calm. I was prescribed propranolol today to take whenever I feel panicky abit nervous about taking them.

S

Shay94

Yeah working with animals is good, helps me get into a calm state usually. But anxiety has been ruining it for me atm and I don't feel like I'm good enough to work there especially as bosses make me also feel that way

B

Blue33

I’m sure you are good enough. It’s probably the bosses that aren’t good enough. Anxiety is a horrible thing.