New to this

R

Rebel ferret

Hi all, I’m new to this don’t really know where to start or what to say it’s not like I can say hi I’m hearing voices etc nice to meet you, although I guess it is ok here, my voices started when I was young and have never faded, but as I was always busy I was able to ignore them. I’m now 52 years old I got diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, then fibro myalgia then osteo arthritis. So I was unable to work due to mobility problems then things got the better of me, as in now I have been diagnosed with psychosis I hear voices and see shadows moving around day and night. I’m so angry at the minute due to my wife saying that she understands what I’ve told her but then does the things I say winds me up and gets my anxiety working overtime. Which I would love to control but can’t seem to.my cats and ferrets seem to calm me down. I assume I’m not the only person with these problems how do others cope with it, any help greatly appreciated.

B

Bellamilo

Hello I have also had a psychotic break a few years back. I now suffer with anxiety and depression. I also too have cats and find them extremely helpful. for me it's just about finding a distraction, I enjoy reading and gaming so for me it's a great help

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
:welcome: to mhf
I too have chronic pain and psychosis.
I love my cats too, glad you have some in your life.
Take care

R

Rebel ferret

Thanks for your kind words, no my physical condition is still as bad, have to use a walker to get around or a scooter when I feel up to going out. The 5 cats keep me busy. Just wish I knew how to help myself. I feel weird talking about what’s wrong with me,also don’t like it cus I shouldn’t be complaining as I know there are people worse off than me.

Last edited: