• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New To This Forum

A

AC321

I’m new here. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I’ve been a part of another agoraphobia forum/group for several years, but unfortunately that forum is shutting down soon. I’m hoping that a few of them might migrate over here eventually.

I’ve dealt with panic attacks for about 17 years but became agoraphobic about 10-11 years ago. I’ve had varying level of agoraphobia during that time. At my worst, it was a struggle to walk to my mailbox. I’m more functional now, but I’m still very limited and all my activities are influenced by my agoraphobia. Honestly, it’s still a daily struggle. Just looking for another group to join because I found the other group to be so helpful over the years.

Thanks, and I look forward to “meeting’ you all. Take care.

Maitri

Maitri

:welcome:

Hi, hope it works out for you here

J

JJMJHM123

Hi! I'm brand new here as well. I've struggled w panic attacks for over 20 years. Done every treatment out there including renowned treatment centers. I was always able to stay functional until about 7 years ago when I expereinced the first pangs of agoraphobia. I did exposure therapy until the money ran out. I have had no treatment in 2 years which has left me almost completely homebound. I've put out over 10K in my own money because insurance would not pay. I now stand to lose my house. Agoraphobia has taken my life and livelihood from me. I hope to find some support and people who truly understand what its like to live with the big A!

A

AC321

Hi! I'm brand new here as well. I've struggled w panic attacks for over 20 years. Done every treatment out there including renowned treatment centers. I was always able to stay functional until about 7 years ago when I expereinced the first pangs of agoraphobia. I did exposure therapy until the money ran out. I have had no treatment in 2 years which has left me almost completely homebound. I've put out over 10K in my own money because insurance would not pay. I now stand to lose my house. Agoraphobia has taken my life and livelihood from me. I hope to find some support and people who truly understand what its like to live with the big A!
Agoraphobia is a huge struggle for sure. I spent a lot of money on therapy (with exposure therapy being the emphasis) about 6-7 years ago. It helped some, but it certainly didn't cure me. I know what to do at this point in terms of exposure therapy, but it's just a matter of making consistent progress. I seem to do better for awhile, then I'll have a big setback. It seems really difficult to make long term progress with this disorder.

I hope your situation improves soon. Hopefully this forum will be beneficial for both of us. Best of luck.