• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New to this field

C

clair_nocturn

Recently have been made aware of my condition and starting to put together the pieces of the puzzle.

I am strong and determined to sort this mess out and move on with my life. There is no need to dwell things when the facts just need to be laid out before you.

Right now I can't sleep so I thought to do something constructive.

I have DID, which seems to be quite uncommon outside of the United States from the small research that I have done so far. I'm not sure being here will be help but anything is better than nothing.

As for my treatment, I have been going steadily to a clinic to seek professional help so don't worry.

Coping seems to be hardest part right now.

BORTU

BORTU

Dear Clair,

Welcome to the group. You sound very positive, and that is good. If you want to poor it all out this is the place to do it. No judgement or criticism, just support. It can help you cope.

C

clair_nocturn

Moving Forward

It's all a matter or perspective and how you should go about things. Some people just have bigger monsters then other people to kill and there is no point in dwelling on the problem too much will become counter productive. My current situation is ridiculous but it just takes time to fix things.

Obviously I'm not sleeping as I should be. For the most part I seem to baffle people in who I am in a person and then trying to make the connection to my condition as apparently I've been living with it for years developing this complicated system of how I deal with things/how my other personalities do it for me. A big concern to the professionals is that I don't have any significant friends but just merely acquaintances. What makes my skin crawl is when people say I have trust issues. I hate that filthy phrase and I just turn back to them and calmly say I'm just cautious. I don't care what people think of me and this devil may care attitude gets me into trouble more often then not. I do care but only about things that interest me and people who are genuine. And over the years has cause my friend list to shrivel into nothing as they more interested in me being eccentric then real.

Apathy is not a good thing but its one of the few things that I have to work off of and keep going. That and my girlfriend but that is another topic entirely.

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi Clair,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find it a really useful place. there are lots of incredibly supportive members who are happy to give advice.

Take care and keep posting.

X