• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New to the forums...reaching out for help

G

gadmommy

Hey everyone!
I've been diagnosed with GAD since 2006 and relunctantly went on 10mg of Lexapro. I am so glad I did because life became much more manageable. Now it seems my anxiety level is increasing so I was just put on 20mg and Xanax for panic attacks, which I use sparingly. I'm finding that I am still anxious, and I'm wondering if the increase in dose caused this and will eventually subside. My anxiety manifests in my being snappy, impatient, on edge and extremely irritable. Any ideas? I'm going to browse the forum too for some help, but wanted to introduce myself. I'm so glad I found you guys!

lal10

lal10

Hi Gadmommy and welcome :welcome:

Some medication can cause a worsening of symptoms before things start to get better, I'm experiencing this at the moment and can't wait until things do start to improve. I would suggest speaking to your doctor though to make sure that it is a side effect of your meds just in case. Did you experience a worsening when you started the meds too or did it just happen when the dose was increased?

B

Buddha

Neurofeedback for GAD

Hey everyone!
I've been diagnosed with GAD since 2006 and relunctantly went on 10mg of Lexapro. I am so glad I did because life became much more manageable. Now it seems my anxiety level is increasing so I was just put on 20mg and Xanax for panic attacks, which I use sparingly. I'm finding that I am still anxious, and I'm wondering if the increase in dose caused this and will eventually subside. My anxiety manifests in my being snappy, impatient, on edge and extremely irritable. Any ideas? I'm going to browse the forum too for some help, but wanted to introduce myself. I'm so glad I found you guys!
Hello Gadmommy,

Have you looked into alternative treatments? I know that Neurofeedback works very well for anxiety states. You can find practitioners in your area from the following link:

http://directory.eeginfo.com/default.asp

I wish you the very best.