• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

New to the forum

U

Urples

Hi all,
I was up late crying when I should be asleep. Been having these recurring thoughts & urges to shave off my curly, black hair for the past month. Instead, I've only been cutting pieces here & there almost daily. Lately, when I'm at home I've been feeling so empty, unmotivated, & anxious inside. I feel guilty about it because I am a mom to two beautiful boys. The crazy thing is that I feel like I'm very driven & I excel at work.
So anyways, I searched on good old Google & it's led me here. Hoping to find some comfort & understanding to all this.
-L

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Hi and welcome to the MHF! Hopeful helping.

When did these feelings start to occur? When did your mental health started to change? Have you always felt like this?
Are you diagnosied as having a mental illness?
Are you married?
Are you happy?

I came across:
Atypical depression
Smiling depression

These articles short reads→↓

Differences Between Sadness and Clinical Depression

Can You Be Depressed and Happy? | SELF

http://gresik.ca/2012/03/10-signs-of-walking-depression/

You can read the articles, but I advise not diagnosising yourself or me and let the professionals check you. Nothing wrong with talking to a therapist. Nothing wrong with taking care of your mental health.

GL GB BS!