• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New to the forum

Caitjinoy

Caitjinoy

Hi I have used another forum but it loads so slowly and some days it does not even go to the right page so hopefully this will be better and I can vent when I need to.
I have been self harming for a few months. Some good days where I could control the urge but most days I can't. I can't really pinpoint the reason why I do it, I think it's a combination of loneliness, boredom, and escaping from anxiety and the stresses of every day life. I also want to self harm pretty much anytime I am emotionally drained, such as coming home from doing errands or after an outing with family and friends (well, as often as that actually happens...)
But anyways, I look forward to getting to know all of you. I have trouble talking about my feelings to pretty much anyone in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
SarahD

SarahD

Hello Caitjinoy

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Here you will find members who understand your experiences.

It is a friendly place, good for discussions, help and support.

Best wishes, Sarah

katya

katya

Hello and :welcome:

I'm so sorry you're in the midst of self-harm in the moment. It's great that you're opening up about it, though - it's a really good step on the road to recovery.

I hope you find this forum useful and supportive.

:hug1:

P.S.

If you're wondering why your post has been edited, please have a quick read of the Forum Guidelines. Thank you (and please don't feel bad about it or anything; you're new!). :)

Caitjinoy

Caitjinoy

Jruth what did you change? I honestly don't even remember haha but just so I know what not to say generally.

K

Karl L

Big welcome to you.
You are among friends here :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Self Harm Forum 24