• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New to the forum: too many problems to list?

B

Bat

Hi everyone, I've just registered with the site (after a few quick reads of other people's topics - the responses encouraged me to sign up) and I'm at a point in my life where I feel like I have so many problems buzzing around my skull. So much so that I'm barely functioning as a responsible adult any more, and that scares me. I'm not suicidal, but I don't want to be me.
"What's the point?" Is a thought that often clouds my mind, and that's what really stops me from achieving much. For the most part, I've been relatively okay for the past month or so, but today I recieved some news from a loved one and it's sent me spiralling. I have a lot of issues in my life (trauma, health - physical and mental, and financial) and I don't know where to start. Could someone possibly give me some advice please? Where is the best place to post an essay (book?) of my issues please?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Welcome to the forums,

A good place to post would either be in the Mental Health Experiences section or start a journal if you like, just bear in mind that journals don't show up in the top 10 posts list on the right hand side of the forum list so it may get less views than a post in the experiences section.

And for long posts formatting can be very helpful to other members, if you use exaggerated paragraphs like I'm using (a blank line between paragraphs) it can often break down a post into manageable sections, some people get deterred from reading a wall of text.

B

Bat

Welcome to the forums,

A good place to post would either be in the Mental Health Experiences section or start a journal if you like, just bear in mind that journals don't show up in the top 10 posts list on the right hand side of the forum list so it may get less views than a post in the experiences section.

And for long posts formatting can be very helpful to other members, if you use exaggerated paragraphs like I'm using (a blank line between paragraphs) it can often break down a post into manageable sections, some people get deterred from reading a wall of text.

Thank you so much for your reply! I've been casually working on a document listing my issues and it really could be made into a book at this point. I do worry about how much is there (I know it's hard to read an essay online) but I will definitely format it. I think I might make a journal for the essay and write a condensed version in the mental health experiences forum. Thank you again!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Introduce Yourself 3
F Introduce Yourself 8
L Introduce Yourself 7
dreampop82 Introduce Yourself 3
D Introduce Yourself 6