• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New to the forum - appreciate any interaction

F

FatMat80

Hi all - new to all this, but might as well try and explain a bit of why i'm here, had my first panic attack aged 40, 6 months ago, not had one since but i have very bad physical symptoms of anxiety without actually feeling anxious, pretty certain it's old issues I've not dealt with properly, however I've become really bad at thinking something is seriously wrong with me, any slight pain or heart beat I'm panicking like crazy, funny how I've only just started having these symptoms, dizzy spells, legs feeling odd, what feels like palpitations but probably are normal, had myself checked out and nothing really wrong with me but i can't stop thinking there is. bizarre

M

Miho

Hi Mat80, welcome to the forum. Have you talked this over with your GP?

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome. It does sound like anxiety. Have you tried counselling or therapy, just a thought if things are rearing their ugly heads. Take a good look on the forum. Everyone has been lovely on here and not judgemental at all. Let me know how you get on x

F

FatMat80

Hi Mat80, welcome to the forum. Have you talked this over with your GP?
Hi Miho - i have, but as we all know it's hard to get any face to face time at the moment, feel like i get fobbed off, but i will try as soon as i can.

M

Miho

I do understand what you mean. And you can always chat on the forum. No experts but understanding and kindness there is enough of.

F

FatMat80

Welcome. It does sound like anxiety. Have you tried counselling or therapy, just a thought if things are rearing their ugly heads. Take a good look on the forum. Everyone has been lovely on here and not judgemental at all. Let me know how you get on x

thank you - i did start therapy, again due to this pandemic is stopped as i couldn't attend, we did chat about things i'd never really addressed before, so it was useful, it's just getting me down as i'm getting lots of the physical symptoms without actually feeling anxious - it's got me baffled! many thanks for your reply!

Jolly

Jolly

Big hugs and just take care. An you do therapy via video. I know it is not ideal but it may get you through some tough times x

D

Dancing Queen

Hi all - new to all this, but might as well try and explain a bit of why i'm here, had my first panic attack aged 40, 6 months ago, not had one since but i have very bad physical symptoms of anxiety without actually feeling anxious, pretty certain it's old issues I've not dealt with properly, however I've become really bad at thinking something is seriously wrong with me, any slight pain or heart beat I'm panicking like crazy, funny how I've only just started having these symptoms, dizzy spells, legs feeling odd, what feels like palpitations but probably are normal, had myself checked out and nothing really wrong with me but i can't stop thinking there is. bizarre

D

Dancing Queen

Hi Mat. I am new to this forum today I am interested in comparing physical symptoms of anxiety and stress. I am an older lady with a history of these things, but through overthinking and "doing too much" I am back in this horrid situation. I start the day with fuzzy head sensations, after interrupted sleep and vivid dreaming. Then the tingling in limbs/body starts off. Then the depersonalisation sets in. Have obviously been in lockdown, but when I venture out for a short walk the DP manifests itself and I convince myself I will not make it back home. Well, I do....Then later a panic attack, with hot flushes/sweating and more panic. I take a low dose of Fluoxetine pretty much long term, but what I really need is reassurance that it is all due to pent up anxiety. The doctors are so busy at present, and mostly phone consultations anyway. Just getting over a horrendous panic attack which has left me with a headache. Vicious circle. Best wishes and lets get the reassurance we need.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi FatMat welcome to the forum :welcome:

Jolly

Jolly

Hi dancing queen. I too suffer the same. It is horrid. Panic sets in when my hubby makes me go for a walk and half way back anxiety as I feel I cannot make it back home. I hate the hot flushes and sweating but give yourself a pat on the back as I do when you do get home as that is a positive. I am classed as elderly as well and suffered nearly all my life. Having therapy which is helping. Missed so much like holidays and days out. So sad when I look back and see what I have missed. Take a good look around as everyone is so nice. If you need to chat you can always pm me if you would like to. Group hugs to all x

D

Dancing Queen

Good Morning Jolly. I was pleased to hear from you. This is what we need. Comparisons. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I think. It takes time. It is understanding what is happening, if that is possible. Back in 2008 I had a really bad patch of depersonalisation. At that time nobody had explained that to me. However, I joined a local class run by a male psychiatric nurse who identified it and explained it. At that time agoraphobia had more or less set in. My daughter would walk me round the block in the dark each night setting lamp posts etc. as markers, going further gradually. That was when I started taking Fluoxetine. No real bad flare ups since then, except for "living on my nerves" and being keyed up about everything. I think that is what has caused this current episode. I was doing far too much, sitting on committees, and more. Family worries. Worrying about everything. My head is not so fuzzy this morning, but I feel very hot and tingly. I woke several times during the night. I am trying to think positive today. Not sure I can do that! Yes, we could PM but not sure how to do that. Take care. Thanks for talking. I hope we can all help each other on this forum.

E

Emma1213

Hiya I'm new to all this as well ..I can so relate.to your symptoms ..I feel like that daily at the min

Hi Mat. I am new to this forum today I am interested in comparing physical symptoms of anxiety and stress. I am an older lady with a history of these things, but through overthinking and "doing too much" I am back in this horrid situation. I start the day with fuzzy head sensations, after interrupted sleep and vivid dreaming. Then the tingling in limbs/body starts off. Then the depersonalisation sets in. Have obviously been in lockdown, but when I venture out for a short walk the DP manifests itself and I convince myself I will not make it back home. Well, I do....Then later a panic attack, with hot flushes/sweating and more panic. I take a low dose of Fluoxetine pretty much long term, but what I really need is reassurance that it is all due to pent up anxiety. The doctors are so busy at present, and mostly phone consultations anyway. Just getting over a horrendous panic attack which has left me with a headache. Vicious circle. Best wishes and lets get the reassurance we need.