• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New to here but not new to mental health

V

vegemite

Hi,
I'm vegemite, I just thought I would say Hi. I have had depression on and off, mostly reactive, over the years. Last serious bout started in October- I was trying to fix a marriage that I couldn't, and tried to end it. Soon after I found out the reasons- my husband was having an affair.

After 14 years, I found myself as a single mum of a four year old. Her dad is great with her, he sees her twice a week. I feel so alone and everytime i pick myself up and get stronger something knocks me back. I still work after having three months off but when my little one is at school and i have a day off, or when she is with her dad, i hide under the duvet. I guess I would liken myself to a robot in that respect. I am "on" when my little one is here, but close my eyes and switch off when she isn't. It has been a difficult divorce and the latest is the "other womans" husband has tracked me down to try to get to them, and threatens to hurt my husband- my little girls dad.

I do have good support and my friends are angels. I also have a practice mental health nurse I see, and my gp is lovely.

I am on 60mg/ day flouxetine, nitrazepam when needed, and was on diazepam as well but have stopped that (unfortunately replaced by smoking!)

I do have the ability to get "projects" going like decorating or planning a trip, and get on a real high about these then burn out and go low again- my current worry is keeping the mortgage on for the sake of some stability for me and my little girl. I am lucky my job pays quite well but it doesn't look like I can take on all of the mortgage myself.

I just want everything to be normal, why does this happen to people?

vegemite

D

Dollit

I think normal (for me anyway) is when you get to travel a route through life that does as little damage as possible.

Divorce is difficult when there's kids involved and it's not exactly a picnic without them. It seems to be made extra difficult some days.

There is light at the end of the tunnel though - I saw it once and took a photo of it just to remind myself it wasn't really a train.

Glad to see you here and you couldn't have found a more supportive place.

V

vegemite

thankyou dollit!

it is such a difficult thing to go through and I am wised up enough to seek help where I need it, so when I have those dark thoughts, or start making plans, I know to reach out- hence coming on here. thankyou so much
x

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hello Veggi

Welcome - Hope you find support here - I am sure you will.
Hope things work ok better for you soon
KS

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to the Forum - hope you can find some support and encouragement here.

Nick.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
dreampop82 New here at the mental health forum Introduce Yourself 3
T Hello, new here and my first time talking about my mental health to anyone. Introduce Yourself 4
B Here as part of my own mental health crisis plan Introduce Yourself 3
T Newbie here to your Forum! Not new to mental health services in UK tho!! Introduce Yourself 3
L Hey, i'm here to find people who understand mental health. Introduce Yourself 6
B I'm new here.I don't have any mental illness. Introduce Yourself 8
767s0 Here after a major mental breakdown.... Introduce Yourself 9
F Hello! Im new here i have many mental problems like anxiety and fatigued all time. Any other? Introduce Yourself 5
C Hello. Im here to learn how to help, understand, and not give up on my fiancee. She has mental illnesses. Introduce Yourself 4
Niche Bee New here, this is a big step for my mental wellbeing ❤️ Introduce Yourself 5
S New Mental here Introduce Yourself 14
B Hi, I'm new here and I need others to connect with and need advice on how to deal with mental illness Introduce Yourself 11
R New here (but not to mental illness) Introduce Yourself 4
msDoubleD Hi, new here Introduce Yourself 5
L New here- Depression Introduce Yourself 7
D Hi, I'm new here.. Introduce Yourself 14
H New here Introduce Yourself 5
A I am new here but... Introduce Yourself 9
Dragonfly111 New here, health anxiety, recent losses in family Introduce Yourself 8
S New here. Anxiety central lol Introduce Yourself 4
J New here looking for help please Introduce Yourself 5
I Hello everyone, Im new here. Introduce Yourself 13
K New here. Hello :) . Introduce Yourself 4
H Here to help where I can Introduce Yourself 2
J I don’t want to be here anymore Introduce Yourself 13
M Hello , I’m Metrojd and I’m new here Introduce Yourself 6
A Hi all......long term anxiety maniac here! Introduce Yourself 13
M hi, new here just trying to understand what's going on with me Introduce Yourself 3
T Hello, I'm new here Introduce Yourself 19
Scott Chegg Newbie here for support Introduce Yourself 7
B Here for Anxiety Introduce Yourself 9
M New here and looking for support from others with BPD Introduce Yourself 8
B Hi I’m new here Introduce Yourself 4
M Hi, not sure what I’m doing here.. Introduce Yourself 26
H Hoping to make some connections here, very lonely, miserable, missing my old forum family Introduce Yourself 34
S New here. I’m not sure what to title this. Introduce Yourself 14
S Hello, I'm new here Introduce Yourself 11
I New here, trying to find out answers Introduce Yourself 5
R New here, and trying to put things back together Introduce Yourself 3
C New here :) Introduce Yourself 14
writingaboutthestars New here Introduce Yourself 5
thelonelyjedi Hello, I'm new here and could really use some help. Introduce Yourself 15
ScootersMum Hello…Newbie Here Introduce Yourself 9
W Whisp here Introduce Yourself 7
Teacino Hello! New poster here Introduce Yourself 10
L Hi there.. im so excited to be here Introduce Yourself 7
Msbstayshome Barely here Introduce Yourself 8
H hello first post here...glad to be here...schizophrenic Introduce Yourself 13
C New here ! Introduce Yourself 5
J New here! Introduce Yourself 13