• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New to hearing voices

A

Alittlelost

Hello everyone :redface:

Over the past few months i have been hearing voices with their own personalities, genders and ages. Malcome and macala seem to be related as siblings and are teenagers, then there is a a man who isn't that nice whos name begins with R and a young girl who is yet to say her name.

I'm also suffering with being very unsociable, no motivation and random things keep happening, for example somebody wrote on my wall. I live on my own and it wasn't my writting!!

I'm lucky in the respect that i am already involved in a mental health team as i have anorexia (healthy now though) so i saw my pdoc the other day. He has yet to make a diagnosis and has put me on anipsychotis to help.

I suppose i just wanted to introduce myself. :unsure:

D

dreambuggieII

Hello again Alittlelost - the little navajo.

I'll pop by to ketchup, again. I'm dreambuggie - In my 40's. f. Several diaognoses - I call it pick'n'mix. Sadly I have inherited my fathers terrible inability to be funny.

see you around

:)

A

Alittlelost

Hello dreambuggie, Thank you for both of your replies (to this one and the bipolar one). I'm female, 22 years with the only diagnosis of anorexia....so far. lol. I suppose i'm trying to to a bit of self diagnosis, which i know isn't really going to get me anywhere. "giggles"

Whats a navajo by the way, lol :LOL:

ravenbanner

ravenbanner

Hi
Alittlelost I have the same problem with voices, many ages and genders too and most of them aren't that positive unfortunately, so I'm having a hard time with it too.
I'm male, 33 and I live in Sydney Australia.
Nice to meet you
Cheers
Ravenbanner (Steven)

A

Alittlelost

Hello Ravenbanner, thank you for your reply. At least i now know that this isn't such an unusual experience and i am not on my own with these struggles.

Only one of my member is nasty which is a bit better i suppose. One of the girls can be bitchy but she isn't always stroppy.

Nice to meet you too.

L

Lady Summer Isles

Just wanted to say hello. I too have a mixture of voices, the main ones being called THE COLLECTIVE of which there are 12 and I am number 13. I wanted to comment on your writing on the wall as i have also had this. Mine was explained to me by my husband. It had been done by me one night when I was having a really bad night with the voices. I had no re-collection of doing this. It really upset me every time I looked at it on the wall and we have recently decorated over it. Hope you get a diagnosis soon.

Lady Summer Isles

D

dreambuggieII

Alittlelost :)

Hola Alittlelost,

I found these for - a little navajo.

One of the many indignous "tribes" our world has, that holds a belief of a "reverence" between man and nature. Its quite interesting!

I've put a link on for a nice little lecture on Anthropology, from Fora.TV, that looks how the modern world can learn from "an old world". Happy surfing "alittlelost". - *smiles* - n - *stuff* - :)

A glimpse of an old world:

A little visual reference:

CLICK HERE FOR LECTURE :

By:
W. Davis: Why Ancient Wisdom Matters in the Modern World

The Long Now Foundation

:) - btw throw anything at me/us/the forum. I'm sure they'll always be a way through.

A

Alittlelost

I had no re-collection of doing this. It really upset me every time I looked at it on the wall and we have recently decorated over it. Hope you get a diagnosis soon.

Thank you lady summer. My pdoc asked me if there was any chance i could have wrote it, it crossed my mind too. However it is not my writting which is a bit scary. You never know though, it could have been me.

Dreambuggie, thank you for the vids and lecture. Extreemly intresting. I liked the secound vid the most, very relaxing. :sleep:

S

scrappy

I wouldn't get too hung up by diagnosis... psychiatric labels for psychotic disorders are often interchangeable meaning that the same person with the same symptoms could get different diagnosis from different Drs.

I hope that you find peace with your voices, with practice you can learn ways to cope with them. I drown mine out with music most of the time.

A

Alittlelost

Hey Scrappy, i suppose you are right. I think it's just a bit more reasuring having a dx, i think.

I'm taking antipyschotis so the voices had faded a little, however i noticed yesterday evening they were becoming stronger again. I kind of miss the nicer ones at night, is this wrong of me?

S

scrappy

I have good voices sometimes too (not as often as I used to) so I understand you missing the nicer ones. I guess it may be worth thinking about why you hear good voices as well as bad voices? - what are you doing that's different when you hear the good ones that you may be able to do to get rid of the bad voices? Just an idea :)

B

Batman

You guys might try different types of music to try and change the mood, positive voices.
I keep the radio playing 24/7, keeps them occupied, distracted, and now I can't go without it (gets freaky without it).
batz

keepsafe

keepsafe

Yeah good Idea the music - I blast mine out so hopefully it blasts them away - which it does sometimes, I am on anti psychotics too though.
Hope your Pysch evaluation doesn;t frighten you too much, labels aren't worth worrying about if you can help it.

KS
(hug)

A

Alittlelost

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have been using my Ipod lately, which seems to help alot when i'm in town ect. I have also been leaving my TV on at night

P

phoebe1962

I don't think that is wrong.