• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New to forums.

D

derps70

Hullo folks, good to be here.

I've always been a nervous wreck (I think I get it from my Mom) and have real problems coping with stress. Even relativelt trivial stuff gets to me, and it's long afffected my life.

But all being said I'm very hard on myself and others; I have little patience for others and even less for myself. I hate weakness and despise hypocrisy, and this makes me very unpopular with people in general.

Thanks for your time - and apologies for any typos (I'm using a mobile, which I hate)

Last edited:
AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
Hi derps, :welcome: to the forum, I hope you find it helpful here, any help you need finding your way around, just shout. You're not alone in being hard on yourself, I think many of us are, hopefully this is a place where we can all help each other along :peace:

katya

katya

Hello and :welcome:

I've picked up a lot of nervous behaviours from my mum too! I know what you mean. Hopefully you'll be able to identify what makes you feel nervous and be able to tackle it so you can have a better quality of life. It'll take time and effort, but you can achieve it. This forum's really good as a support network; it's helped me loads in the past.

Have you told your GP how you're feeling?

SarahD

SarahD

Hi derps

Welcome to the forum. :flower2:

Hope you like it here. It is a good place for support and advice.

Best wishes, Sarah

D

derps70

Hi derps, :welcome: to the forum, I hope you find it helpful here, any help you need finding your way around, just shout. You're not alone in being hard on yourself, I think many of us are, hopefully this is a place where we can all help each other along :peace:
Hello and :welcome:

I've picked up a lot of nervous behaviours from my mum too! I know what you mean. Hopefully you'll be able to identify what makes you feel nervous and be able to tackle it so you can have a better quality of life. It'll take time and effort, but you can achieve it. This forum's really good as a support network; it's helped me loads in the past.

Have you told your GP how you're feeling?
Many thanks for your kindness both of you. :)

Yes, I have told GPs before, but they either brushed me off or try to fob me off with pills so no real progress there.

The best (or only) thing that seems to work is simple breathing exercises and focussing on a simple repeat action over and over. I cope a little better now after many years of struggling.

Edit - Hi and thanjs Sarah. It would appear you responsed to my intro while I was responding to the other two. So hello and thanks fir your your kind words too. :)

SarahD

SarahD

Hi again derps

I find breathing exercises help me too.

GPs do tend to rely too much on drugs. You could suggest that therapy might be more helpful, it is supposed to be offered more widely now. Just a thought.

D

derps70

Hi again derps

I find breathing exercises help me too.

GPs do tend to rely too much on drugs. You could suggest that therapy might be more helpful, it is supposed to be offered more widely now. Just a thought.
I didn't know that about the change of policy re. therapy, thanks for telling me.

It's been a while since I even bothered with a GP, let alone mh services so I'm out of the loop as it were.

Thanks for the advice and info. :)