• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

    If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New to forum, need advice



New member
Nov 20, 2014
I'm new and not quite sure where to start, but here goes... I am basically a shut in, I have serious problems with my appearance, severe anxiety and post traumatic stress. I can't bear to be around anyone. I have no job, no social life whatsoever and haven't for years. I live with my father who is psychologically abusive, controlling and aggressive. I have no confidence. I need to escape but I don't know how. I just want to move away into my own home.

I don't know who I should contact or ask for help. I've looked at several government agencies (social services, housing, benefits), medical services (NHS, GP), charities, support groups etc but I can't find an obvious route to go. I don't have the will power to do all this by myself.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Well-known member
Apr 9, 2011
Magical fairy wonderland xxxx
:welcome: to the forum xx im sorry your dad is abusing you ,you dont deserve to put up with that
because this is happening to you ,you could declare yourself soon to be homeless and go to the top of the housing list for social housing
i think the first thing to do is to go and see your gp and see if you can get some support from CMHT who might reffer you to a social worker and find your local housing office and explain what is going on at home
love from fairy lu xx