H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
my gp dont know about my eating issues though and i donno what to do.

it says:
You are requested to give permission for your therapist to be in contact with your general practitioner, your dietitian (if you are referred to a dietitian) and in some cases, the NHS commissioner who makes decisions about funding your care. This contact may be limited to standard, brief update letters issued after your initial appointment and every three months (coinciding with treatment plan reviews between the psychological therapist and yourself), but may involve more extensive contact if you are experiencing, or are at risk of developing physical or psychiatric health problems.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
i have emailed the therapist about it just now, i was too scared to before. i will see what she says.

has anyone else had this sort of thing, what sort of thing do they say in them?

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
From my experience the last part about being at risk etc is standard. I've had it in verbal every assessment and session but not too sure about the first bit, seems strange.

I hope you can get some answers when she replies

xxx

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
she replied and says that she would only contact the gp if i was a great risk or i was very underweight, which i am not, so i am okay with that.
so i think i will go for it. :)