New, Scared, Unsure of What to Do

Amanda_M

Amanda_M

Hi everyone-

I've been struggling really hard the last couple of months and I have finally decided to join a community where I feel I can find people who are going through the same hardships that I am.

I'm 23, and I just graduated college in May. I have a full-time job at a place where I love, but it isn't my dream job or the job that my parents thought I would have. Little background I guess, I've done a competitive sport since I was six, and my parents have always been really involved and devoted to my sport and my life altogether. Sports kept me busy and I missed out on a lot of things growing up. I never had a boyfriend since I was constantly busy and I didn't really have time for that I guess.

Anyways I've always dreamed in working in entertainment and it's been harder to get into than I anticipated and my parents seem disappointed in me at all times. Now, these days I find myself crying and not enjoying the things that I used to. I used to be bubbly always wanting to do fun things and now I'd rather sit at home and watch tv. I can't be alone or else I start sobbing and I don't know what to do. My parents just tell me to be happy, and how they don't understand why I am upset, not dating, since I've been lucky and blessed. They want me to be independent but I really need their support right now.

Sorry if this is all over the place I just don't know what to do.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi and welcome,

You are too young to not be happy 🙂
Don’t give up on your dreams. In your case, staying home is not going to bring you opportunities. Be active and pursue what you want to be. I know it’s easier said than done but you have to start somewhere. Be positive even if things don’t go the way you wanted. It’s not the end of the world.