• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New Recovery Tick Box Chart Developed By Tick Box Experts

S

supergreysmoke

Mental health recovery check hailed - Milngavie Herald

Mental health recovery check hailed

A new way of assessing a person's recovery from mental health problems is helping people learn to live fulfilling lives again, health experts say.

The Individual Recovery Outcomes Counter (I.ROC) measures recovery rather than symptoms and level of illness - the focus of most existing questionnaires.

I.ROC measures a person's recovery - the ability to live a meaningful and fulfilling life in spite of mental illness - by asking 12 questions which focus on areas of people's lives that are known to have an impact on mental health and wellbeing.

These include how much control a person has over decisions that affect them, how much they value and respect themselves, and how much hope they have for the future.

Every three months, each of these 12 indicators of wellbeing is rated by the user on a scale of one (never) to six (always), and plotted on the I.ROC chart.

(continued, probably a way of focussing time limited help to those who are illest - albeit the content is user generated and the lack of insight into illness+fluctuating nature of some serious conditions might produce a denial generated conflict of interest?)

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
last counciller asked me to rate myself before and after on these tick box questions, appeared i'd got worse though could have been more insight

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Aww, i'm dying to find out what these magical 12 Questions are, but I can't find them online.

Am guessing someone's hoping to make a few quid out of selling this I.ROC thingy before it is in the public domain?