New Psychiatrist

B

BeingHuman

I have an appointment with my new doctor, next week. It kinda makes me nervous. New docs all have their own views, they might change my diagnosis, my treatment, or something. And I'm not saying they would be wrong to do any of that but it's scary and unknown when it's a new doctor.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I hope it goes well for you. I will be seeing a new psychiatrist as well, and I'm nervous too, because of comments I saw about her on rate my doctor.

B

BeingHuman

I think it's always uncomfortable to sit and have to re-explain things in your notes. I'm always wary of online reviews (when it comes to anything), as people are more likely to go on and say something bad than something good I think.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I hope it all goes well and that the new doc's approach is one that it helpful to you.
To be honest, when I changed doctors I was actually irritated to find that my psychiatrist was pretty lazy and didn't bother making his own mind up about me. He just accepted the diagnosis that was already there and has done very little in offering me help. :unsure: x