• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New psychiatrist and new meds

B

brightergenie

Hi I seen new a psychiatrist today as my old one was useless my new one has put me on more meds I'm on
Mirtazapine 45mg
Quitapine 200mg
Propanonol 40mg
Fluoxetine 20mg (new)
I'm really reluctant 2 take all these has anyone had bad side effects from taking the fluoxetine

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That's prozac isnt it? I know someone oñ it who rates it highly. Lemme know how you get on as im oñ mirt &propanolol but dont feel it helping as I'm still miserable and angry

B

brightergenie

Yes it is I've gota take first tab 2moz still unsure. I've been on the other 3 4 9 months at first they worked great now not so much I use 2 sleep 4 10 to 12 hours I'm lucky if I get 5hours now

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I swapped to mirt for sleep too, also finding it less effective.

Good luck! The chemist would not have dispensed the medication if it isn't safe to take with what you're currently on :)

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Not sure what your diagnosis is, but fluoxetine made me go a bit too high (not as fun as it sounds).
Obviously it effects people differently but i'd take it in the morning just in case it does give you too much energy - otherwise your sleeping won't improve much

You are on quite a cocktail at the moment, aren't you? It's not good when meds stop working as well as they used to.

Just as an aside, have you been offered any therapy or counselling?
They shouldn't just keep throwing drugs your way without offering some more practical support too.

B

brightergenie

Thanks for your reply SS I'm still waiting for a proper diagnoses one minute they r saying I'm bipolar as I have really low times self harming a lot, I spend loads of money on my son 2 cheer me up, then when I'm high I have 2 do things there and then like decorating my house trying to do unrealistic things there and then. then there saying it's just depression I've felt so low 4 8 weeks now and I haven't been 2 work 4 9 weeks I'm getting fed up of being on so much. I'm waiting for psychotherapy which is a 9month waiting list I've had counselling before didn't really help. I've got a 7 year autistic child and I don't want to be that spaced out on meds or to high to look after him. I've just checked my appointment card and have to go back in 5 weeks but that's with another psychiatrist. Sorry if I'm rambling just very tired

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Did you take it? You feeling ok? :)

B

brightergenie

Starting it 2moz had a hospital appointment 2day didn't want 2 risk being bad

B

brightergenie

Hey maybe.shes.a.wildflower took my first tablet this morning only felt a little bit more tired and a little dizzy not sure if that was from being tired will see how I am over next couple of days

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That's positive :) fingers crossed for you

T

Thoth

Im really surprised how many of you are on mirtazapine. Mianserin is, i think a better alternative: less side-effects and a slightly stronger hypnotic.

As for prozac, my mum and myself have been on it. My mother was quite high and happy on it, as for myself it didn`t do anything for me. Out of the drugs youve listed I`d be more worried about seroquel. That is a drug that im bot fond of from my experiences.