New psych, new sleep meds, now manic!!

C

ColeOh7

I saw a new psychiatrist this past Tuesday because my previous one never resolved my insomnia since 2013. And I'm tired. My new doc prescribed seroquel 200mg ER to be taken at 6 pm. Being exhausted it worked great the first two nights but I was a bit sleepy during the day. Tonight.... it's almost 1 am and I'm awake. I started early this evening in a high manic phase. Like I was completely on something. I'm hoping this passes..ugh. I see my new psychiatrist on Tuesday to make sure I'm sleeping. Does this up and down bipolar stuff ever stop. It wasn't so often and as bad before, but every since my step-dad committed suicide on 10/23/17 it started. I want to know why and understand it.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Hi ColeOh7. I was recently given ativan for sleep. Over the course of two months I only took it four times. The last time I took it, I slept that night and the next night but then I went into a manic state for five days as soon as the pill was wearing off.

I say, psychiatrists have no business being in the business of SLEEP.

You have identified your step father's suicide as a unresolved core of your insomnia. I'd say you are in a spiritual dilemma.