• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

new Pilot scheme

T

Twylight

I was asked by my support team if i would like to become a befriender/counsellor
I'd have to have some training and carry a contract mobile for my own safety,
But i'm seriously considering it.
It's all very new and not off the ground yet
I'll keep y'all posted

keepsafe

keepsafe

Wow - thats great - good luck with that twilight and let me know how you go.
Yeah good news!
KS

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Sounds really interesting

M

maudikie

Befriending.

Befriending is good, but my son had a befriender some years ago when I had to go for an operation, and he suggested that my sotook the car out. It was not insured for him to drive, and at least he had the sense not to do so. he has since been given the go-ahead to drive, and we see that all is in order.

T

Twylight

I filled out some forms today for a CRB check - just to make sure I haven't got a criminal record - I had to give two character references.
I should be going to Cornwall soon for some training

I'm a useless traveller so my CPN has offered to give me a lift

jax

jax

I would imagine that it would be a worthwhile thing to do. I qualified as a peer advocate here in Belfast. I have not done any work as an advocate as I have not been well for over a year - mentally. Hopefully I will get to put my training to use sooner or later.
Good luck.
Jacqui

T

Twylight

I've pulled out

after much consideration i've decided it's not for me

I explained to my support team:
that there will be no improvement in the psychiatric world untill the medication improves

If i visited a patient who was ' Monged out ' on a depot injection I would feel like suggesting cannabis which has proved so helpful to me - but that would be illegal

But on the other hand if I didn't suggest it - I would be a Hypocrite

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Twylight.Were they going to pay you or was it voluntary?

T

Twylight

It was voluntary to begin with - but it might have led to paid employment

T

Twylight

Yo, I had the result of the CRB check and it was all clear - there was a list of the times where the Police were called to sort me out while I was in psych hospitals, but i've mentioned this to my team and it's considered irrelevant

I've going to see my first client next week and on a weekly basis

I'm still on half the dose of olanzapine and haven't touched any cannabis for 6/7 weeks

keepsafe

keepsafe

Well done Twylight on the weed and congrats on the work

dib4uk

dib4uk

Hey hon good for you!! Aww, well if you couldnt handle it would your CPN etc have suggested it to you. Sometimes, its really good having someone else who's been there and done similar things- as opposed to have just read about it and writen an essay on depression for their degrees etc.

:clap:

M

muddymud

good luck

hi twilight

i just wanted to say congratulations on your voluntary position it sounds like a good thing your doing. people need others, with experience, to get them through the other side.

youve given up weed for 6/7 weeks and talking from a great deal of experience it is a tough thing to do but youve got to trust me when i say you must stay off it and all other drugs you will be a much better person without it.

cheers mate

muddymud:clap:

T

Twylight

Success

I've had all the Training

can you believe this

When Jesus said he was Jew -ish did he mean he was clever with money
and he was of course a Christian