New pills

P

pking1409

Hey all,

So it been a while since I have been on here. I have been treated for depression for the last 6-7 years, taking different pills to find the ones that work for me.

I have been on:
  • Citlopram
  • Matrazapine
  • Sertraline
  • Floxetine
None of these seem to help, if anything they caused me more issues than help.

I have now been put onto venlafaxine, I have been on these for a out 3 weeks and went to the GP for a review, I listed the following:
  • zoning out
  • mood swings
  • falling feeling when sleeping
The GP said she wants to keep me on these as they seem to be doing something as I have the following side effects. Very odd idea but we shall see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
L

Little-Loss-Soul2

Hey all,

So it been a while since I have been on here. I have been treated for depression for the last 6-7 years, taking different pills to find the ones that work for me.

I have been on:
  • Citlopram
  • Matrazapine
  • Sertraline
  • Floxetine

I have now been put onto venlafaxine, I have been on these for a out 3 weeks and went to the GP for a review, I listed the following:
  • zoning out
  • mood swings
The GP said she wants to keep me on these as they seem to be doing something as I have the following side effects. Very odd idea but we shall see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

Its hard to stay on Meds. I have doubts about mine too. Giving it the two weeks is good idea. Sure u know this but don't take yourself off the meds.

P

Pollypop

Perhaps these are side effects from starting them and your
gp. want to see if your symptoms improve.
I don’t t know, it is just a thought.

Like me, nothing seems to work
I have been wondering whether to eventually
try coming off them, with medical support obviously.

It is so complicating and frustrating wondering if we will find an answer.

I hope you feel better soon. X

J

JCPraha

Hey all,

I have been on:
  • Citlopram
  • Matrazapine
  • Sertraline
  • Floxetine

• zoning out
  • mood swings
Most of the meds you have been on are SSRIs. The Effexor you are taking now works differently than the SSRIs. It works with norepinephrine and serotonin both at the same time. So maybe it will have a better chance of helping you, since the SSRIs did not. I hope it will help you. You have been trying for quite a number of years.

P

pking1409

Just an update, when I went back for a catch up last week the doctors increased the does to 75mg twice daily but a slow release type. Hopefully this will help. Gotta go back in 3 weeks to review this change.

J

JCPraha

Just an update, when I went back for a catch up last week the doctors increased the does to 75mg twice daily but a slow release type. Hopefully this will help. Gotta go back in 3 weeks to review this change.
Great! Let me know if it helps. I know it takes some time to determine if a med will work, so hopefully the Effexor will help you, since it is different than the SSRI's you took before. I really hope it helps you. Keep us updated. Take care.

T

Tom2202

I just started on Sertraline this morning.
Took about 2 hours to start feeling strange. Feel mega heavy, spaced out, worried a with a dry mouth, feeling of naseua and with a mild headache

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Took about 2 hours to start feeling strange. Feel mega heavy, spaced out, worried a with a dry mouth, feeling of naseua and with a mild headache
Hi Tom,
stick with it. I'm miles better on Sertraline and for me the side effects wore off quite quickly, i have none now.
Hugs
Fox

J

JCPraha

Yes, give it some time. The side effects might go away in time. This happens quite often. Give your body a chance to adapt to it.

P

pking1409

Spacing out is still happening, sleep seems to be getting better or depression sleep is creeping in.

Yesterday I napped from 4:30 to 8pm but then I did clean the house and rearrange to the front room by myself. I then went to bed at 10:30ish and slept through my alarm and woke up at 11:30am this morning :scared:

Last edited:
J

JCPraha

Spacing out is still happening, sleep seems to be getting better or depression sleep is creeping in.

Yesterday I napped from 4:30 to 8pm but then I did clean the house and rearrange to the front room by myself. I then went to bed at 10:30ish and slept through my alarm and woke up at 11:30am this morning :scared:
Sometimes a lot of sleep can be helpful. Give your body a chance to become accustomed to this medication. It seems to have some effect upon you. Perhaps it will help you. I am thinking it will. See how you feel by the time your next appointment occurs in 3 weeks. Hoping for the best for you.

P

Pollypop

Hi pking, It’s quite a while since there haas been any activity
here.
I am just wondering how you you are going on and whether you are still
on venlafaxine.
I hope you are feeling much better.
Pollypop x