• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New on here and just wanted to indroduce myself :0)

K

kizzysmad!

Hi. I was diagnosed with depression with "bipolar features" 5 years ago, It answered many questions as to why I seem too struggle in life or is this that everyone seems to find it easy?? Ive found the medical help shockingly bad as regards to GPs throwing pills at me, councilling sessions being difficult to acsess and I finally gave up at christmas when my local crisis team laughed at me when I contacted them in a very low state.. I only bagan too feel suicidial when I finally took control off my manic phases which I think made me happy in a crazy way?? Im so glad too have found this site. I have good friends and a small ammount of family support so Im hoping too find like minded folk here... Hope to get too know you all xxx

Pippin49

Pippin49

hiya Kizzysmad,

if i had a penny for each person who says the medical help is bad ... you know where that was going.

pdocs/gp's love to throw pills at you don't they? as for the crisis team laughing at you? WTF were they thinking??

:welcome: Kizzy . we met elsewhere i think :) i look forward to hearing more about you.

all the best

Pip xxx

Foxjo

Foxjo

Hi Ya Kizzy
well done for reaching out. Your so right the medical help in the UK is shocking.
Never enough and never when you need it most.
The forum here is great- there is always someone around to talk to. ive been in some distressed states and talking to people on line here has help me more than any shrink/counseller/cpn/doc.
Please keep in touch
Fox
x

K

kizzysmad!

ar thanks.. yes im all over this site lol so much too learn and say.. Im a bit manic at the mo so its good too have somewhere too vent and everyone is so nice :) x

K

kizzysmad!

I know i will use this site when im in a state.. And hopefully help others too x thanks for the lovely welcome xx

Foxjo

Foxjo

do you know what triggers you manics off?

OobieMoobie

OobieMoobie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oh haha, UK help for MH. Wonderful isn't it?

We're a friendly bunch here, don't worry. You can get some great advice too, sometimes it's just nice to know that other people have had the same experiences as you and you're not insane after all.

The people on here have helped me so much since I've joined, and I hope I've managed to help a few people too.

Happy foruming! :)

K

kizzysmad!

Well at the momment its having the kids off and having too find a new home, In earlier days i would have partied it out and ended up a state but now ive painted the chimney breast and had a friend and her kids over, Ive got books for bed time and some sleepers so feel in control for now.. Im just waiting for the dip which is always a worry there not as bad on my medication but can still creep up.. Ive been struggeling with paranoid hyper episodes since christmas. my bi polar help group want me too go back too my GP but i cant face another dose of new meds and side effects as have exams in may and need too be focused..

Foxjo

Foxjo

Oh haha, UK help for MH. Wonderful isn't it?

We're a friendly bunch here, don't worry. You can get some great advice too, sometimes it's just nice to know that other people have had the same experiences as you and you're not insane after all.

The people on here have helped me so much since I've joined, and I hope I've managed to help a few people too.

Happy foruming! :)
Hi OobieMoobie- loving the new Avatar pic!! cute as!

K

kizzysmad!

At least I know Im insane now and Im quite open about it, I really want too make a difference too the stigma that goes hand in hand, unfortuantly I found most of this within the care and social divisions!! And Ive had too fight for everthing a proper dianoses which they still cant decide so its a "personality disorder with bipolar feature" I wasnt educated as too what this was? I had too research and find my own self help group, who thankfully the organiser has been fantastic in giving me books leaflets etceven her number so I can call when in a bad way. I struggled too get DLA and had too fight for that over and over again.. Feeling positive though :)

OobieMoobie

OobieMoobie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don't like the word insane, I don't think anyone's crazy. I just think we function differently, and have less healthy mental functioning than other people.

Maybe I'm too fluffy? :p

K

kizzysmad!

I think ive used these words as they are words that have been used too describe me all off which is probably true but that ive had to learn not to be upset by? I really maybe should watch what i say as my trap door too filter out thoughts is permently ajar.. I sometimes feel we are the "normal" ones and its everyone else thats bonkers? Whilst being on here ive noticed that everyone speaks nicely and we all have similar hobbies, reading, writing etc.. wonder if there is a link? And nothing wrong with fluffy can you teach me how too be? Im rather brash sometimes :redface:

OobieMoobie

OobieMoobie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nothing wrong with brash either... I'm just terrified of saying the wrong thing and making people not like me :p

I definitly agree that almost, if not all of the people on here are nice. Nicer than most I meet in the realy world. I sometimes wonder if there is a link there... maybe mental illness is some kind of price you pay for being a "good person", but I think most likely mental illness means people become more appreciative of how important nice people are.

Pippin49

Pippin49

Nothing wrong with brash either... I'm just terrified of saying the wrong thing and making people not like me :p

I definitly agree that almost, if not all of the people on here are nice. Nicer than most I meet in the realy world. I sometimes wonder if there is a link there... maybe mental illness is some kind of price you pay for being a "good person", but I think most likely mental illness means people become more appreciative of how important nice people are.

we agree whole heartedly

Pip xxx