• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New non-drug countermeasure

John A

John A

Founding Member
Eleanor white wrote to me yesterday (and to others) as follows, about a novel proposed treatment for V2K abuse that might also work for schizophrenia or other voice-hearing aetiologies.

Eleanor said:
There is a countermeasure being used by people who hear "voices" they presume to be artificial in origin, conversationally called "voice to skull harassment." These people report relief as a result of using this idea. The idea is to play, either through a speaker or by way of a portable MP3 player using headphones, a "jumble" of audio tracks from radios playing different talk-oriented stations. This has allowed people with heavy voice to skull experiences to break their attention free from the content of the voices, and allows them a rest from forced attention 24/7.

This countermeasure *downloadable* from this link:

http://www.creviews.net/antiv2s.htm

I'd like to suggest that this countermeasure might well provide at least some welcome relief for psychiatric patients troubled by "voices" of NATURAL illness origin as well.

Sincerely,

Eleanor White (retired engineer)
Elliot Lake, Ontario
Canada
I have listened to this track, and so has Ian. Ian exclaimed, "It stopped my voices completely!" I'd appreciate feedback from anybody else who tries it.

John A

John A

Founding Member
The T-1 Takyon Capsule
The Radial Amplifier-Deflector
I would also invest in quarter inch copper sheet.
Please don't be flippant. None of these gimmicks are likely to combat e-harassment, and the point of my posting this thread was to elicit some feedback from people with schizophrenia diagnoses, especially (in this context) people with schizophrenia diagnoses they believe, as to whether the soundtrack linked-to relieved the hearing voices symptom in their cases. The sound files were compiled by an academic who is supportive of the TI community, having postulated a mechanism by which the method might be effective. The mechanism would be equally effective regardless of the aetiology of the hearing voices symptom. He would like feedback from people with schizophrenia diagnoses, as to whether the counter-measure is effective for them.

A

Apotheosis

Please don't be flippant. None of these gimmicks are likely to combat e-harassment,
Gimmicks!!?? Flippant!!??

Have you used such devices?? Are you a trained expert in Radionics??

I own a 'T1' - it is highly effective. I also know a highly competent & highly trained radionics practitioner.

'Contempt prior to investigation' springs to mind. & are you seriously telling me that a quarter inch copper & lead lined room isn't going to stop low frequency modulations? Your madder than I thought; f you don't think it will.

A

Apotheosis

I listed to those 'recordings' John - I think you are being very naive to think they are a good solution for a 'TI'. If anything such recordings would send you mad (or madder).

C

cotswoldhedges

They didn't work for me. But then I believe my "voice" is my God speaking audibly to me, so I wouldn't want to stop it anyhow, certainly not sometime soon.

:clap:

Why not try it on yourself then John? Oh , silly me, I forgot - you're not ill are you?

John A

John A

Founding Member
Why not try it on yourself then John?
I did, of course. It didn't change anything. But already I successfully refuse to listen anyway, and it is at that level that method is likely to be effective, for those who report an improvement.

Unfortunately, there are only two other people in this thread so far, one of whom doesn't want to be empowered to stop listening to his voices, and the other of whom has attempted to change the subject. The thread therefore hasn't provided any useful data that is remotely statistically significant, as to whether the method that TIs find effective also works for those who accept, for example, a schizophrenia label.

C

cotswoldhedges

I did, of course. It didn't change anything. But already I successfully refuse to listen anyway, and it is at that level that method is likely to be effective.
So you can stop your voices at will? How about when you sleep?

C

cotswoldhedges

I cannot stop the voices, but, whilst I am awake, I can refuse to listen to them. Night time is another matter.
that takes effort on your part. Surely the idea of this is to stop them getting through in the first place? Like a quick fix - blocking the signal kinda.

But then if your not ill, it wouldn't affect you anyhow.

C

cotswoldhedges

If you don't understand what your voices is saying to you (becuase you won't listen to them), how do you know it's not your God talking to you?
(Telling you to get help?)

F

firemonkee57

I listed to those 'recordings' John - I think you are being very naive to think they are a good solution for a 'TI'. If anything such recordings would send you mad (or madder).
That kind of sensory overload could really **** with your head.

John A

John A

Founding Member
That kind of sensory overload could really **** with your head.
I thought I'd pass on the following comment, emailed to me about five weeks ago by a non-member here, who has given me general permission to publish our email correspondence, after I'd drawn his attention to this, and similar, threads.

Vaughan Bell said:
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 1:34 PM
To: John Allman ; Eleanor White
Subject: RE: Threads about the sound files

Hello John and Eleanor,

Apologies for not responding sooner although I have just returned from working abroad and so I've been preoccupied with other things, although I have to say the earlier emails lacked a little context and so I found them a little hard to follow at times.

However, thanks for sending the link. Listening to other voices, personal stereos and the like is a well-known coping method for people who heard voices in their heads and is well documented in the literature.

However, the 'mix of voices' approach is novel as far as I know and it would be interesting to see what effect it has. Certainly some people find their voices get worse with unpatterned or chaotic sound, so I would be interested to hear how many people find these countermeasures genuinely useful and if any find they make the voices worse.

All the best,
Vaughan
So far, I haven't enough feedback for this to anything close to statistically significant, from the wider community of voice-hearers, from this thread, or any of the others I started elsewhere.