• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New, never spoken to other people about my phobia, currently panicked

C

ChlorineShmorine

Hello, I suffer with emetophobia, the fear of vomiting. I’ve never really met anyone who knew what this fear was like, and so I’m currently looking for some advice on
1. How to help myself overcome this
2. What ways can I help myself RIGHT NOW, as I feel sick, to help myself (coping mechanisms people have found to work etc)

I’ve been a member for about 5 minutes so I don’t really know how it works on here, I really hope someone finds this. I’m tired of living like this, I want to get help

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

just rinse your mouth out immediately afterwards, since the stomach acid is not good for teeth

vomiting is usually only caused by eating some bad food. animal products that are past date. food poisoning

the vomiting usually makes you feel better for awhile

J

JeanPierre

Welcome here. I'm sure someone will come through who has some experience with the same phobia as yours or search the forums.
Best luck!

O

Onecookie1997

Hello, I suffer with emetophobia, the fear of vomiting. I’ve never really met anyone who knew what this fear was like, and so I’m currently looking for some advice on
1. How to help myself overcome this
2. What ways can I help myself RIGHT NOW, as I feel sick, to help myself (coping mechanisms people have found to work etc)

I’ve been a member for about 5 minutes so I don’t really know how it works on here, I really hope someone finds this. I’m tired of living like this, I want to get help
I have this phobia. I know a work friend with the same phobia. I cannot be sick, if I feel sick, or get the feeling I will be sick - I have an anxiety attack. It’s gotten a bit better as I get older, but I try to avoid drinking alcohol due to being sick, or eating food I know is okay.