New mum with a new diagnosis

Luci

Luci

Hi! Luci, 31. Have a 12 year old and a 5 month old. They were taken out of my care 3 weeks ago pending assessments. Got a letter yesterday from a perinatal consultant I saw in January diagnosing Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder. Feeling positive. Needing to explore this and keen to speak to parents with EUPD/BPD. Not used to having so much time on my hands!

calypso

calypso

Admin
I am sorry your children have been taken, that must be such a worry for you. We have many people here with BPD who know what it feels like. Look around and post where you feel is appropriate for you. I hope you get all this sorted soon.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry about your children, do let us know what happens.
Here to listen anytime.
Take care

Luci

Luci

Thank you

My eldest son is with his paternal grandparents, he has Autism. He is struggling but he is ok. He doesn't understand why he can't come home because 'children only get taken from nasty mams' :cry: My baby is with his biological father. I get to see them for 1.5 hours a day. It is the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life. I literally thought my heart was going to stop.

My children will come home, there is no reason for them not to. I am no danger to them. My diagnosis helps matters as it provides an explanation for my behaviour. The Issues Resolution hearing is 24th of June. But I'm hoping upon the receipt of positive assessments I could have them home before then :panic:

The anxiety is unreal. My heart races constantly. I didn't eat for the first 2 weeks. I am calming now but it is difficult to function outside of my daily contact with my boys. Any tips for dealing with this? I have refused extra meds even on a short term basis as this will not help my case.

A

Aurelius

Welcome to the forum Luci and so sorry to hear about your situation - especially the pain you are going through due to not having your children at home with you.

Where your racing heart is concerned, three self-help techniques that I have been found to be effective are 'Deep Breathing', 'Daily Exercise' and 'Progressive Muscle Relaxation'.

As to getting through the day, drawing up a daily activity list can help one get through each day - especially if it is based on the routines you will need to have in place when your children come home (this can help with bolstering daily motivation). Also, try to build in to your daily activities some of the things you find (or used to find before current events) pleasurable and try to make sure that you engage in them daily.

If you can show that you can function well on a daily basis, then getting through any assessment will be much easier. Having evidence you can show can make a difference, so the daily activity lists can serve a dual purpose.

I hope you begin to feel better in yourself soon and that your Issues Resolution Hearing goes well - but hopefully your children will have been allowed to return home before then!!