• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome. When you are ready to tell more the forum will help and support. Lovely people with good advice

jajingna

jajingna

Tell us more and we'll see if we can help in any small way.

Z

ZechariahElijah

:welcome:
This is a great place to find people who are understanding and supportive.

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

Hi DJY. I also have BPD. As others have said, there is a bpd forum on here. But if you'd prefer to talk with someone one-to-one, I'm happy for you to inbox me :)

S

sadgirl

Hi djy and welcome to the forum please feel free to look around and post whenever you can

D

DJY

Hi DJY. I also have BPD. As others have said, there is a bpd forum on here. But if you'd prefer to talk with someone one-to-one, I'm happy for you to inbox me :)
Hi do you ever feel good I hate how I have angry outbursts and they always seem directed at my husband and I hate myself for doing it but I don't seem to have control. Can you tell how to try and cope x

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

Hi do you ever feel good I hate how I have angry outbursts and they always seem directed at my husband and I hate myself for doing it but I don't seem to have control. Can you tell how to try and cope x
I wish I knew! I have outbursts also, although at the moment they are mostly directed at my noisy upstairs neighbour! It seems to be more emotional with my partner. Can I ask how old you are? I am in menopause, so think they have become worse as a result of that plus being in lockdown, which has obviously been very stressful for all of us.
Sounds like a cliche, but deep breaths sometimes helps, as does taking myself off into another room, and distracting myself with a book or task. Coming on here has helped when I've felt it brewing also - it helps to know I'm not the only one struggling, and that there are people to talk to.

D

DJY

I wish I knew! I have outbursts also, although at the moment they are mostly directed at my noisy upstairs neighbour! It seems to be more emotional with my partner. Can I ask how old you are? I am in menopause, so think they have become worse as a result of that plus being in lockdown, which has obviously been very stressful for all of us.
Sounds like a cliche, but deep breaths sometimes helps, as does taking myself off into another room, and distracting myself with a book or task. Coming on here has helped when I've felt it brewing also - it helps to know I'm not the only one struggling, and that there are people to talk to.
Hi Thanks for replying yes I'm at menopause stage and have been working from home during lock down so I guess this can all add up

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

Hi Thanks for replying yes I'm at menopause stage and have been working from home during lock down so I guess this can all add up
Menopausal mood swings + being cooped up would be difficult for anyone. Throw BPD into the mix and it's no wonder it's gets explosive! If things are getting to you at any time, please feel free to vent on here. Post in the BPD thread, start a blog, or even DM me if you want to get things off your chest. At least on here we understand the mood swings, and can empathise in a way that maybe our loved ones can't. It has helped me to prevent a few arguments with the other half anyway!