W

Why am i like this

Hi everyone, I signed up today because I think I’m suffering from some kind of eating disorder. I don’t want to eat, I’m fat and I just don’t want food anymore. I don’t eat if I can help it but I live at home with my mum so when she makes evening meals I have to eat them so she doesn’t notice anything’s wrong but I make myself sick as soon as I can after eating. I have a long history with my mental health, I used to self harm regularly and I went a week once without eating at all but I’ve been okay for a few years, as okay as I can be anyway. I don’t know why I’ve started this again, it’s like I have a voice in my head that’s telling me I don’t deserve to eat

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tomorrows a new day

Hello and welcome, has anything happened to you that triggered you not to eat? something like an emotional change? you said that your fat, has anyone called you that?

W

Why am i like this

I have a lot going on at the minute, my dad is very ill he has end stage emphysema, I’m not happy in my job and just not happy in life really. I am fat, im a size 22/24, people have always called me fat but I’ve just dealt with it, when I was in school I dealt with it by self harming. Nobody’s called me fat recently except myself. Last year I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome and I was told that my chances of having children are slim to none but that the first thing to do to try and tackle my diagnosis is to lose weight. As a result of the PCOS I don’t have regular periods, my last one was in February, I never know if I’m going to have one or not and it’s just a reminder for me that my body’s letting me down

T

Tomorrows a new day

ok, people are cruel because it's better to see someone else suffer than themselves. if you could change something about yourself what would it be? it's not easy to have a parent with an illness it's emotionally draining, is you mum around?

W

Why am i like this

If I could change one thing about myself it would be my weight, I live with my mum

W

Why am i like this

I’ve always struggled with my weight, I comfort ear which isn’t good but then there’s also times when money is really tight and I just have to eat what I can. I haven’t eaten all day today, then my mum made some pasta and garlic bread that I had to eat so she doesn’t get worried about me, I’m going to bring it back up again in a minute, I can’t let it digest

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
:welcome:

Hi Why.

I don't know much about this issue.

Have a look around and chat :)

There are some rules about what you can post. I'll copy a link here - Click

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Introduce Yourself 8
L Introduce Yourself 6
D Introduce Yourself 6