• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

R

rabbit5561

Hi
I have been on medication for the past 3 months for depression and I am still struggling to see any light at the end of the tunnel I feel so isolated even though I have a supportive family and currently 3 weeks in to a six session course of cbt. What I am finding so difficult is that I have lost the foggy head that I had for month and is feeling a tad brighter in myself but I feel as though something has changed in my mind as if a switch has been flicked and I struggle to do everyday tasks having to think about every step so slow. Forgetfulness with immediate action getting muddled in whatever doing .looking for items on a regular basis when could be under my nose . Go to take tablets for example and ending up doing something else not having a clear state of mind always thinking on how I am.when I do divert thoughts away cannot seem to focus on anything in particular . Does this sound familiar to depression or state of mind due to concentration . Grateful for any feedback
Thank you.
R

E

exyz

Hello there Rabbit and welcome to the forum:)

I think that a lot of us have similar experiences as yourself as to the foggy thinking. It's tough trying to climb your way out of this and it will get better bit by bit. You are doing all the right things, don't rush yourself. you would not run a marathon on a broken leg would you?:)

Give yourself time and pace yourself as much as you can it takes a while to get better and you will come through this :peace:

Victorianna

Victorianna

Hello, Rabbit. Is the CBT helping? I’ve always wanted to try it, but it’s not offered through my insurance.
The concentration problems I can totally relate to. I wash my hair and then immediately forget if I did or not. I take a pill and then can’t remember if I still need to, or I just did. And I lose things all the time. So you aren’t alone. I think a lot of us experience that. It’s frustrating, for sure.

camrosescott

camrosescott

CBT didn't really work for me. Don't know if it was the therapist or me but the whole premise was alien. She wanted me to "challenge" the feelings but when I am in a down state of mind I don't know why, if I did know I would take action. To be honest it sent me into a trough because it didn't work.

Victorianna

Victorianna

It is very hard to challenge negative thoughts when depressed. My therapist tells me what the “wise mind” would think about my problems, and I totally understand I need to get to there, but have no idea how to! I just don’t believe the challenges are true.

camrosescott

camrosescott

I thought CBT was going to help, reprogram and all that. The starting point was something I could not get to though. I think that if I knew why I felt this way I wouldn't have the issues that come along with depression. The questions that she asked were ones I couldn't answer.